Nebrasketball @ Iowa

8 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

I need to stop letting the elation of seeing a big Husker win trick me into thinking this team could actually win an NCAA game.NCAA games aren't played at Pinnacle Bank Arena. 

Let it run when it feels right..

The last decade has been tough to be a Husker. I’ve learned to party when you can. 

They just don't come out with any energy on the road.  At least they fought back, but they expended too much energy with the comeback.

It was also their fourth straight game with a two day prep where the opponent had more rest than them.  Hopefully they will finally get a day off before the Rutgers game on Wednesday.  Iowa hadn't played since Saturday so they had an entire week between games whereas Nebraska played Saturday, Tuesday & last night.  I get that they are 20ish year old athletes, but playing every 3rd day for four straight games takes a toll.

i still think this could be an NCAA team and will be hard to prep for.  They just need to win a couple of road games and hold court at home  There are winnable road games on the schedule.

• Fire 1

On 1/13/2024 at 2:53 PM, teachercd said:

Thanks for all your help with my bets!  Eye roll.

I saw your question before the game.  But I didn't want to bring down the vibe and excitement.

Having said that, I think by now you know it is universal and happens every year to everybody, when any underdog teams upsets a high ranked team, they come out playing flat.  And never cover.  Or nearly never cover.  But usually they get beat down really badly.

So I saw this coming a mile away, and just chalk it up to "games after emotional wins/upsets".  Huskers were going to lose ugly in this case.

Doesn't mean Iowa is all that better at all.

BTW - those have been my fav bets in all sports for 10-15 years.  When you see that super upset out of nowhere, you know they going to suck the following game.

Just now, admo said:

I saw your question before the game.  But I didn't want to bring down the vibe and excitement.

Having said that, I think by now you know it is universal and happens every year to everybody, when any underdog teams upsets a high ranked team, they come out playing flat.  And never cover.  Or nearly never cover.  But usually they get beat down really badly.

So I saw this coming a mile away, and just chalk it up to "games after emotional wins/upsets".  

Doesn't mean Iowa is all that better at all.

So, I sent this to my bookie

He said I don't have to pay now!

Just kidding...

As usual, I lost.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

So, I sent this to my bookie

He said I don't have to pay now!

Just kidding...

As usual, I lost.

I learned that little bit of knowledge waayy back in the day from an online bettor......believe it or not...... WalterFootball  chuckleshuffle  Do you remember? lol but it always stuck with me over the years and I still play it that way.  The sport doesn't matter.  It works like 9 out of 10 times.  And those are the games I play BIIIG $$$.

I'm not going to derail this anymore.  Just one last thing

@teachercd from what I just told you and from what the Packers just did to the Dallas Cowboys.......kind of a big upset on the road..... and now you have a good idea how GB will do the following week (no matter who their future opponent is).  It's that upset/emotional win that falls hard the weak after. :)

• Thanks 1