What is something you were/are snobby about?

36 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This is probably more me being a foodie than a snob, but I routinely buy groceries at four or five, and up to six or seven, different stores/shops depending on what I'm making in a given week.

I won't eat store-bought Italian sausage anymore, after figuring out how easy it is to make your own. I'm about to go make some right now for pizza tonight.

I got SUPER into making homemade pizzas but then I kind of just stopped but I loved doing it at the time. 

• Oh Yeah! 2

2 hours ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

I can't buy steaks from anywhere, it never comes the way I like it, rare to medium rare.  I either get shoe leather that I won't eat or blue that I will eat unless it's cold in the middle as I have found a few times.

Oh yeah, getting steak out at a restaurant is whole nother deal. Most places rarely (pun intended) get it right.

My original comment was speaking to buying good, properly marbled meat at a grocery store. Around here Sam’s Club has really good meat, otherwise I’m going to a small processor I know. Won’t get meat at Walmart or Safeway or usually even King Soopers.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

This is probably more me being a foodie than a snob, but I routinely buy groceries at four or five, and up to six or seven, different stores/shops depending on what I'm making in a given week.

I won't eat store-bought Italian sausage anymore, after figuring out how easy it is to make your own. I'm about to go make some right now for pizza tonight.

woopie-la-dee-fricken-da.gif

Sorry, just trying to be funny. :lol:

• Haha 2
25 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Oh yeah, getting steak out at a restaurant is whole nother deal. Most places rarely (pun intended) get it right.

My original comment was speaking to buying good, properly marbled meat at a grocery store. Around here Sam’s Club has really good meat, otherwise I’m going to a small processor I know. Won’t get meat at Walmart or Safeway or usually even King Soopers.

I got to a place that I discovered by moving right behind it and unfortunately it was on Diners Dives and drive in's and has made itself so hard to get meat from I have to order via the internet.  I admit their food is ok and I smell the smokers going every morning but the butcher side is now a nightmare to get to.  John Mulls Roadkill Grill is in the same building as my old butcher.

• Oh Yeah! 1

2 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Do you have a recipe/process that you like? 

I cut a pork shoulder into long strips, and add about 2lbs of pork belly per 10lbs of shoulder. Spices are salt, pepper, fennel, red pepper flakes, oregano and nutmeg. Fresh garlic & red wine vinegar.

Grind all the meat into hamburger (basically), then mix the spices with the meat in 2lb batches until it's sausage.

Did that tonight before making pizza. It's pretty amazing.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
2 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

I'm snobby about plush towels, high quality bedsheets and a mattress, plus I'll spend an obscene amount on really good pillows. Look man, I just like my sleep!

To me, the height of luxury would be heated floors in the bathroom.

Man, I thought of doing heated floors!  I was cheap but I sort of just spaced it off!

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • Worth a Look 1
56 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Man, I thought of doing heated floors!  I was cheap but I sort of just spaced it off!

I've gotten the chance to experience them a couple of times at friend's houses and every time I'm like, "Man, this would rock." It's kinda like the heated steering wheel and (to me more important) cooled seats. Do you need them? Absolutely not. Is your life better when you have access to them? Yes.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Xmas32 said:

I've gotten the chance to experience them a couple of times at friend's houses and every time I'm like, "Man, this would rock." It's kinda like the heated steering wheel and (to me more important) cooled seats. Do you need them? Absolutely not. Is your life better when you have access to them? Yes.

Can vouch, bought a new car a few months back, my only 'requirement' was a heated steering wheel.

• Fire 1

With Fits, in regards to shoes, I am 1000% adidas.  Mostly classics and superstars.  Some old school high tops.  Some soccer sambas.

Now I do have some Nike that are also old school.  High tops.  White and Green.  But with Nike, no Jordans.  

I am Beastie Boys, Run DMC, and Patrick Ewing.

3 stripe For Life

• Oh Yeah! 1
21 hours ago, admo said:

With Fits, in regards to shoes, I am 1000% adidas.  Mostly classics and superstars.  Some old school high tops.  Some soccer sambas.

Now I do have some Nike that are also old school.  High tops.  White and Green.  But with Nike, no Jordans.  

I am Beastie Boys, Run DMC, and Patrick Ewing.

3 stripe For Life

I was 100% this guy, never wore anything but Adidas, used to look down on anything but Adidas, except the occasional Puma, but only cause it was a brother company to Adidas. I grew up playing select soccer, and well, Adidas was the gold standard of boots in the day, and I was/am a huge Beastie Boys fan, so I only rocked Adidas, never rock Fila, did not sniff the coke only smoked the sinsemilla... :lol:, then I started working somewhere where I get a large variety of Nike shoes and gear at wholesale cost...and well, now I've got nothing but Nike gear in my closet as do my daughters and we are all getting compliments and asking where we are finding our limited edition kicks. I just got 2 pairs of reverse grinches this week for $95 each, a great deal when considering what they are going for on the secondary market. Got a pair of the Philly Special Kobe 4s about a month ago, and I don't think they are being released, even as a limited drop on SNKRS, until April.

• Oh Yeah! 1

@Madcows You need to work on your snob skills ! chuckleshuffle

Just kiddin... Yeah Nike is pretty awesome, I do admit !  Nothing wrong with loving Nike more these days, but always keep adidas close in your heart.  

As for me, if the Beasties ask "So whatcha want?!"  I still ride with "My Adidas" ;)

• Plus1 1