What is something you were/are snobby about?

I used to be a music snob.  Not like CDs vs records and that stuff.  But I was a snob about metal bands and who was metal and who was not metal, stuff like that.

What about you guys?  I know big ones are BBQ, Smoking, beers, booze, Film vs Movies...cars, trucks?

I really don't think I am snobby about much anymore...maybe cell phones?  I would only ever buy an iphone.  

• Plus1 1

Parking - I will always pay for good parking

Flights - I will pay a lot more in order to not connect.  And I will pay a lot more to fly on a major carrier than someone like Spirit or Frontier.  Luckily I live in a major airline hub so am able to do fill these demands 95% of the time.

• TBH 1

Hotels - My limit is not staying in a hotel that's less than $130 unless that's all that's available.  Every time I try to go cheaper, I end up in a total disgusting dive.

Valet parking at a hotel.  I'll pay the extra and tip just so I don't have to park a block away and walk....especially in bad weather.

I really really don't like eating fast food.

More and more, I'm getting picky about clothes.  When you buy good quality clothes, they fit better and last longer.  Like dress shirts.  I won't buy cheap dress shirts.  And shoes.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Parking - I will always pay for good parking

Flights - I will pay a lot more in order to not connect.  And I will pay a lot more to fly on a major carrier than someone like Spirit or Frontier.  Luckily I live in a major airline hub so am able to do fill these demands 95% of the time.

Ohhh good call on the flights!

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Hotels - My limit is not staying in a hotel that's less than $130 unless that's all that's available.  Every time I try to go cheaper, I end up in a total disgusting dive.

Valet parking at a hotel.  I'll pay the extra and tip just so I don't have to park a block away and walk....especially in bad weather.

I really really don't like eating fast food.

More and more, I'm getting picky about clothes.  When you buy good quality clothes, they fit better and last longer.  Like dress shirts.  I won't buy cheap dress shirts.  And shoes.

Kind of at the last second we went to the OU game a few years ago...had a cheap room booked and it was a nightmare.  

After the game one of our friends said "I got us new rooms at a real hotel."  Night and day difference, such a good move for all of us. 

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Kind of at the last second we went to the OU game a few years ago...had a cheap room booked and it was a nightmare.  

After the game one of our friends said "I got us new rooms at a real hotel."  Night and day difference, such a good move for all of us. 

Over Christmas, we were driving to Texas and stayed in Elk City, OK. Booked a room for just under 100.  Checking in, the lady said, "I'm not going to charge you for your dog, we charge too much for these rooms already".  And...she didn't lie.  But, there weren't any that were more expensive.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Over Christmas, we were driving to Texas and stayed in Elk City, OK. Booked a room for just under 100.  Checking in, the lady said, "I'm not going to charge you for your dog, we charge too much for these rooms already".  And...she didn't lie.  But, there weren't any that were more expensive.

This was probably the "Ohhhh s#!t" moment. 

• TBH 2
10 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

Beer

Me too. Beer.

I don’t drink that much but it better be good and it better not closely resemble the swill the mega brewers put out.

Also meat, especially steak. I won’t buy just anything from anywhere.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

15 hours ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

Cajun food/Thai food.  I know how it's supposed to taste, if you call your read beans and rice because you simply put red beans over rice, i'm calling you out on it same goes for a simple pad thai that tastes like some noodles with some chicken and bean sprouts.

Oh...I get that.

I'll add.  BBQ.  Don't give me crappy crock pot ribs.  I want real smoked BBQ.

• Oh Yeah! 1
16 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Me too. Beer.

I don’t drink that much but it better be good and it better not closely resemble the swill the mega brewers put out.

Also meat, especially steak. I won’t buy just anything from anywhere.

I can't buy steaks from anywhere, it never comes the way I like it, rare to medium rare.  I either get shoe leather that I won't eat or blue that I will eat unless it's cold in the middle as I have found a few times.

This is probably more me being a foodie than a snob, but I routinely buy groceries at four or five, and up to six or seven, different stores/shops depending on what I'm making in a given week.

I won't eat store-bought Italian sausage anymore, after figuring out how easy it is to make your own. I'm about to go make some right now for pizza tonight.

• Plus1 2