2024 Spring Practice Pressers

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I really think that defense will be nasty.  In fact, I am betting UTEP ends up with under 50 yards rushing in the first game.  

I hope the defense has added speed like the offense has.  Looked a little slow at times last year when stuff broke down

• Plus1 1
Just now, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I hope the defense has added speed like the offense has.  Looked a little slow at times last year when stuff broke down

Faster is always better (ALWAYS, stupid ex-girlfriend) anyway, I don't think teams will be able to run between the tackles on NU, so if they do have some speed on the backend, watch out.  The defense will be amazing and it doesn't hurt playing a bunch of lame offenses in conference. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, teachercd said:

I really think that defense will be nasty.  In fact, I am betting UTEP ends up with under 50 yards rushing in the first game.  

It might take a few games for the defense to hit their stride, so under 50 against UTEP is a bit optimistic I'd say, but certainly possible.

8 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

It might take a few games for the defense to hit their stride, so under 50 against UTEP is a bit optimistic I'd say, but certainly possible.

Yeah, it could.  Just my experience in coaching the 3-3-5 (or 3--5-3) is that install is super easy, so if your guys get it, they get it fast.

Plus, the down 3 will be nasty. 

• Plus1 1
On 4/5/2024 at 6:30 AM, floridacorn said:

I found it interesting MJ made a point in both this presser as well as the 1on1 interview with the official Nebraska athletic department media member that the "Jacks" have their own "room" separate from the inside linebackers.  Is this a new development and is a coach leading this room other than Dvoracek?

For anybody interested, Rhule did state today that Jack Potenza was indeed coaching the Jacks and that was a new development this season.  

• Plus1 1