Thunderin Bolts @ College of Charleston

I'm kicking myself right now as I wasn't able to listen to the game or watch live scoring. Sounds like it was a heck of a 9th for the good guys. Games like this are huge for a teams confidence as well. Hopefully it continues through the weekend. Would love to see the Huskers come home with 3 in win column again. That said, I didn't get to listen, is Charleston's pitching as good as it must have appeared or were the bats just not working today? Guys swinging at balls or early count popups? 

11 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

I'm kicking myself right now as I wasn't able to listen to the game or watch live scoring. Sounds like it was a heck of a 9th for the good guys. Games like this are huge for a teams confidence as well. Hopefully it continues through the weekend. Would love to see the Huskers come home with 3 in win column again. That said, I didn't get to listen, is Charleston's pitching as good as it must have appeared or were the bats just not working today? Guys swinging at balls or early count popups? 

They tagged the starter in the 1st for one run and a couple of hits, then the guy who came on in the 5th was a submarine right hander who's fastball topped out at 75 mph. He was perfect from his relief appearance until the 8th where he walked one of our guys.

Didn’t get to watch, but was told Defense wasnt stellar today. Christo was solid, but CC didn’t strike out much. Offensively we struggled against that 73-74 mph fastball. Their reliever was awful today, allowing offense momentum. A win is a win and hopefully carries into tomorrow 

• Plus1 1

Per Huskers.com, game canceled today due to weather. Glad we played (and won) yesterday. 

Due to severe weather in the area, today’s Nebraska baseball game at College of Charleston has been canceled. 

Friday’s game will not be rescheduled this weekend. Nebraska and Charleston continue the weekend series tomorrow at 5 p.m. CT at Patriots Point in Mount Pleasant, S.C. 

Saturday’s matchup can be seen on FloBaseball, while fans can listen to Dave Gustafson and Ben McLaughlin call the action on the Huskers Radio Network.

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 1