Trev to A&M

1 hour ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

The employee doesn't get to hire the boss, but the employee doesn't have to stay if he doesn't like the boss(es). The two key figures he signed on to lead "under" were Carter and Green. Green left, the Board of Regents changed the structure to have the AD directly report to the President (Carter). Carter leaves, "interim" President inserted who Trev doesn't align with and Trev bails. There is probably more nuance to the decisions made, but on the surface it appears that Trev didn't like his new boss and didn't see a path where their visions could line up together. 

I hope the Regents strongly evaluate who they end up signing on as the University President. 

So, why again is that a problem?  Maybe the BoR and the new president didn't want to spend a half a billion dollars on a stadium project.  They could build a new one for close to that. Not NFL quality but pretty damn nice.  Trev might want it to happen, but he wasn't budging at all on the scope of the stadium project.  Which leads us to where we are now.

The BoR changed the structure, because Carter left for a top 3 presidents job in the country.  Otherwise Trev would not have had anyone to report to.  And as has been stated the 200 + days to find a new president and chancellor is not far off from the "norm"

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

And I have to add, damn few people in Nebraska actually care about what he did at UNO. Football. Volleyball. Basketball.

So, imo, this talk of he was disliked by some for what transpired at UNO is extremely minor in the grand scheme.

That's not true. 

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Great.

We lose good talent at UNL and you blame the talent instead of the leadership that drove them out.

These people made their own decisions, as far as we know nobody forced them out.

Decisions have consequences, too.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

Oh geez are you telling me the guy that told the UNO wrestling program they were getting eliminated the night they won the national title is leaving again like a snake in the night? I for one, am shocked. Shocked I tell you! Rest in piss Alberts.

Wonder if he'll be welcomed to UNK went he gets s#!tcanned by A&M.  You have to think he wants to complete the hat trick of screwing over Nebraska Universities.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 2
10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Wonder if he'll be welcomed to UNK went he gets s#!tcanned from A&M.  You have to think he wants to complete the hat trick of screwing over Nebraska Universities.

Just imagine if he went to UNK and cut their equestrian team!  So many people would soooo fake mad!  

I kid, I kid. 

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

And I have to add, damn few people in Nebraska actually care about what he did at UNO. Football. Volleyball. Basketball. At the flagship University in Lincoln. That is what people really care about. You might generally say that is all they care about. So, imo, this talk of he was disliked by some for what transpired at UNO is extremely minor in the grand scheme.

Minor as minor can be.

UNO mens basketball making it to the dance ONCE is a bigger deal than anything that UNO wrestling or FB could have ever done.  And a win the dance, winning one game.  My god.  It would be unreal.

No one went to UNO FB games or wrestling meets.  I coached wrestling and they BEGGED us to come watch their meets.  I coached FB and we played games on their field and we drew more fans than they did.

• Plus1 5
15 minutes ago, Douglas said:

That's not true. 

I disagree. Please provide any shred of proof that people in Nebraska even give 10% of a s#!t for UNO that they do about UNL football and the major sports.

17 minutes ago, Douglas said:

Use the whole sentence and not the phrase you cut, pasted,  and used in bad faith. 

Pot meet kettle. Just prior to this post you complained about another poster using a portion of a quote…..then you did exactly the same thing by editing my post :lol:

• Plus1 5

5 hours ago, twofittyonred said:

"The 26K crybabies and snowflakes at UNL"  which 26k exactly are you speaking of..??

"the state doesn't revolve around UNL."    exactly the point that you seem to be missing...  the state should not have their political fingers in the university at all..

26k that are faculty and students.

UNL takes taxpayer funds.  Take away the taxpayer funds and they can do whatever in the hell they want to do.  Until then,  the BoR needs to hold those at UNL accountable to the taxpayers.

• Fire 1
  • TBH 3
17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Wonder if he'll be welcomed to UNK went he gets s#!tcanned by A&M.  You have to think he wants to complete the hat trick of screwing over Nebraska Universities.

He won’t get canned.  He will quit.

His history indicates he will not fulfill his contract.  It appears the only job he’s ever left on decent terms is UNO and there are holes in that too.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, soup said:

So, why again is that a problem?  Maybe the BoR and the new president didn't want to spend a half a billion dollars on a stadium project.  They could build a new one for close to that. Not NFL quality but pretty damn nice.  Trev might want it to happen, but he wasn't budging at all on the scope of the stadium project.  Which leads us to where we are now.

The BoR changed the structure, because Carter left for a top 3 presidents job in the country.  Otherwise Trev would not have had anyone to report to.  And as has been stated the 200 + days to find a new president and chancellor is not far off from the "norm"

It's a problem because we lost the three most high profile University leaders in less than a year and a half. We don't appear to have a direction as a University and the Board to oversee this direction appears to be dysfunctional. Previously, the AD reported to the Chancellor and University President. They swapped the Chancellor for the BoR after seeing how much trouble Perlman caused with Athletics for 20 years. Unfortunately, as previously mentioned, the BoR appears to be messed up on priorities and with no President in place to guide or at least stop the BoR from meddling, Trev didn't want to be their puppet anymore. Hence, we have problem solvers who appear to be the key source of the problem. 

Regarding the stadium and costs... most fans agree that changes were needed for the stadium. To build a stadium filled with the modern amenities expected from fans, coaches, and players would be significantly more than the suggested remodel price (est. $450 million). A new stadium for +70k would almost certainly exceed $1 billion to be competitive in the modern day. Trev's vision on the stadium was absolutely necessary, it sounds like the BoR were good with the stadium projects... so long as someone else (boosters) would foot the bill. Therein lies the problem.

• Plus1 1