2024 Portal Szn

7/13 scholarships filled

Seniors (5): Gary, Mast, Ulis, Williams, Morgan

Juniors (0):

Sophomores (0): 

Freshmen (2): Frager, Janowski

*Hoiberg is a junior walk-on

(I was out of town a week for spring break and wasn't following close, so let me know if this isn't correct)

• Plus1 3

And this is who I think are the known players we are after (we have visited or they have been on/will be on campus):

SF Frankie Fidler Sr Omaha

PF William Kyle Jr South Dakota St

SG Connor Hickman Sr Bradley

PF/C Pharrel Payne Jr Minnesota

SF Joshua Ola-Joseph Jr Minnesota

C Malique Ewin Jr JUCO/Ole Miss

SG/SF Gavin Griffiths So Rutgers

• Plus1 1
  • Worth a Look 1
2 hours ago, Red Five said:

And this is who I think are the known players we are after (we have visited or they have been on/will be on campus):

SF Frankie Fidler Sr Omaha

PF William Kyle Jr South Dakota St

SG Connor Hickman Sr Bradley

PF/C Pharrel Payne Jr Minnesota

SF Joshua Ola-Joseph Jr Minnesota

C Malique Ewin Jr JUCO/Ole Miss

SG/SF Gavin Griffiths So Rutgers

So, to fill our roster, we need 6 of these guys. 

I we get that, is our roster better than if everyone would have stayed?  Are these guys great pickups from mediocre and mid major programs?

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, to fill our roster, we need 6 of these guys. 

I we get that, is our roster better than if everyone would have stayed?  Are these guys great pickups from mediocre and mid major programs?

I'd offer that Morgan adds much-needed front court depth, but not quite the elite level package we're chasing to elevate the program to the proverbial "Next Level".

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, Red Five said:

7/13 scholarships filled

Seniors (5): Gary, Mast, Ulis, Williams, Morgan

Juniors (0):

Sophomores (0): 

Freshmen (2): Frager, Janowski

*Hoiberg is a junior walk-on

(I was out of town a week for spring break and wasn't following close, so let me know if this isn't correct)

Is their a place we can look at profiles of transfer portal guys?

10 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Hope Hoiberg sees that a ball handling point is needed.  Uconn guards are eating Purdue up!

If Ulis is available next year it would help. It put us in a bind when he was penalized but those charges were dismissed. Not sure if Janowski is a point or a two. 

2 hours ago, TonyStalloni said:

If Ulis is available next year it would help. It put us in a bind when he was penalized but those charges were dismissed. Not sure if Janowski is a point or a two. 

Ulis will be ok, but I think we need someone quicker.  Jankowski can play either guard position, but I see him as a 2.

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Has it been confirmed that Mast is coming back??? I know that Williams and Gary have been confirmed but haven't heard anything about Mast.

He was there to support Tominaga in the 3 point contest & a couple of comments he made sounded like he's planning to be back.   Don't remember exactly what he said, but I'm pretty sure he'll be back. 

9 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

He was there to support Tominaga in the 3 point contest & a couple of comments he made sounded like he's planning to be back.   Don't remember exactly what he said, but I'm pretty sure he'll be back. 

Sounds like the condition of his knee is also a contributing factor in his decision

36 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Was he playing in pain all season bc of his knee??? I didn't even know he had a knee problem.

Evidently they down played it somewhat, but it was brought up recently that it impacted how many minutes he could practice.