Thunderin' Bolts vs Ohio State

The BTN+ broadcast of Nebraska home games is really good. Truth is, you can watch every game (home & away) on BTN+ but sometimes, like the previous series, you have to tolerate horrendous play by play. (Northwestern used college students and they were really crappy)

On 4/2/2024 at 8:30 AM, Loebarth said:

The BTN+ broadcast of Nebraska home games is really good. Truth is, you can watch every game (home & away) on BTN+ but sometimes, like the previous series, you have to tolerate horrendous play by play. (Northwestern used college students and they were really crappy)

I've had BTN+ for years, and I searched for the game last night and could not find it.  I believe Creighton, as the home team, had the Big East network supercede Plus.

• TBH 1

4 minutes ago, Comish said:

I've had BTN+ for years, and I searched for the game last night and could not find it.  I believe Creighton, as the home team, had the Big East network supercede Plus.

That is a correct assumption. Part of the reason why I suffered the weather and the humiliation live and in person. Last night's performance was the absolute worst display of hitting i think i've ever seen. It's like the husker's have never seen a slider or a change up. Maybe with the wind at their backs the idea was to hit bombs so they were swinging wildly and all the wild the bluebabies fans were cheering them on. 

On 4/3/2024 at 11:16 AM, Comish said:

The NU/CU game was on FloSports which appears to have the streaming rights to the Big East baseball games. With CU being the home team on Tuesday, I suppose that makes sense. Why they don't just broadcast the NU/CU games on NET is beyond me. I watch a ton of college baseball but between ESPN+ and BTN+ I don't have much left in the wallet for anything else. I'd love to watch more ACC games but for some reason, their ACCNX+ package isn't included with ESPN+.

• Thanks 1
57 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

Surprised that Christo is throwing the Sunday matchup. I know he's struggled a little but admittedly, I am a little shocked. Good Move or Bad? Childress knows his pitchers so I trust in his leadership decisions. 

I haven't been able to watch enough to really know.

But he began the year as the Friday starter.  Didn't pitch well enough to hold that spot.

Moved down to the Saturday starter.  Didn't pitch well enough to hold that spot.

Now, it's entirely possibly that he is still fine and it's just the other guys pitching really well.  But it seems like a bad trend.

17 hours ago, Mavric said:

I haven't been able to watch enough to really know.

But he began the year as the Friday starter.  Didn't pitch well enough to hold that spot.

Moved down to the Saturday starter.  Didn't pitch well enough to hold that spot.

Now, it's entirely possibly that he is still fine and it's just the other guys pitching really well.  But it seems like a bad trend.

It is a bit of both IMO. Christo has been decent, but he isn’t going deep into games currently and hasn’t yet taken that next step to build on what he has already done in the offseason. Both Sears and McConnaughey have made jumps since the start and have had really good starts to the season and since Christo has stalled in his performance a bit, they have both passed him up. Christo has more upside still, it would be great for him to keep working and make another jump, which IMO would make this team REALLY dangerous come postseason. Childress has seemingly pushed a lot of the right buttons so far with Christo as he is clearly better than last year, so I am cautiously optimistic he will get another level out of Christo yet this season.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

The ERA leader below (DeVooght) is a situational pitcher mostly. He typically throws 2 innings on the day of his starts and then it's turned over to the bullpen. Christo of late has kind of been that as well all be it he's been getting 4+ innings. He throws hard, has a pitching motion that torque's his elbow a lot as well. (Not releasing from the high point of his arm motion) So, putting in the Sunday spot keeps him extremely relevant in the team's success while also allows them to rest his arm more for the long haul. 

The Ohio State arm is scary at 1.15 until you look into his starts. (Link Here)

• Sunday, April 7 – 12:05 PM CT
  • Pitching: Ohio State, RHP Gavin DeVooght (2-1, 1.15 ERA)