Thunderin' Bolts vs Indiana

Good Luck to the Huskers, I am imagining they'll need every ounce of luck this weekend. They do seem more focused on conference play so as Husker fans, let's hope this focus shows up again this weekend. Win the series baby, just win the series!! GBR

Oh and Thank You @Mavric for posting the thread :)

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Let's face it.. we all knew after watching losses to the crybabies and jayhawks in the manner this team/staff lost, it was going to be a scary weekend. They pushed 1 across, hoping they can tie it up. Indy pitcher chased in the 5th 

The huskers simply can't hit when it's needed. Zero confidence on this teams bats. Carey and Stone were so overmatched in their at bats. Indiana just won this game because bolt doesn't know what style of play he wants. Leadoff walk, no attempt to advance, Stone strikes out. Carey at the plate, 1 out, pitcher balks, Evans advanced to 2nd. Carey, like stone, overmatched and swinging for the fence, strikes out. Evans still at 2nd. Silva walks, Overbeek does what he does best. Yep, you guessed it, struck out.

Bunt the leadoff walk to second, the balk puts him on 3rd with 1 out. Bolt's inability to manage instead tells the hitter to swing away. What type of team have you been all year Bolt, most certainly not a power team. Play your game, bunt the ball and tie the game!!!!!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3

So, Sears was fantastic. Bounce back after Minnesota. Gives up solo shot to start game, then goes next 21 outs without an earned run for a more than quality start. Offense can’t capitalize on runners all game and then we do, only to watch the pen surrender a run in the 8th and  7 in the 9th to follow up horrific 9th vs SDSU. Beyond gut check time

• Plus1 1
28 minutes ago, HANC said:

So, Sears was fantastic. Bounce back after Minnesota. Gives up solo shot to start game, then goes next 21 outs without an earned run for a more than quality start. Offense can’t capitalize on runners all game and then we do, only to watch the pen surrender a run in the 8th and  7 in the 9th to follow up horrific 9th vs SDSU. Beyond gut check time

Gut check??? This team can't stop the bleeding. Honestly, I expect them to get swept. I've said all year they are a paper tiger. If you can't score, you can't win and 5 runs, at home isn't enough. No bats, No closer, No trusted bullpen... Getting exactly what they deserve. I won't be surprised if Bolt pisses the post season down his leg.

• Haha 2
  • Worth a Look 2

1 hour ago, HuskersNC949597 said:

Another putrid meltdown, albeit against a team that isn't anywhere near as horrible as SDSU. Still though. Complete disarray. Extremely disappointing, Bolt is looking like he has no clue how to do anything about mental toughness except blather on about it.

It's disappointing yes, but this team was picked to finish 5th in the conference I think preseason.  They came in with pitching question marks.  Not sure what some of you are expecting, this is basically going as predicted more or less.

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 1
11 hours ago, runningblind said:

It's disappointing yes, but this team was picked to finish 5th in the conference I think preseason.  They came in with pitching question marks.  Not sure what some of you are expecting, this is basically going as predicted more or less.

Absolutely! I said gut check as a barometer for keeping the season in tact. I remember comments about how bad our pitching was going to be…. Heck, some questioned Sears getting nod in opener, and he will be pitcher of the year in the Big 10, and if he finishes ( too bad we didn’t hold on for a win last night), strong… with his low era and whip under.80 ( which is unheard of) he will get consideration for NPOY…. MM has been just fine and Worthley also. I would guess most are surprised at our success with pitching rather than shocked when it is bad

• Plus1 1