USC downplaying NU game

As USC is not taken us seriously, we should not look past Nicholas St on Saturday. I mean anything can happen in college football. If they go out and are all thinking about USC, it could end up like Montana St and Colorado :sarcasm:clap:rollin

Seriously though, we should take care of business on Sat., get a solid week of practice leading up to USC and just go out and play our game. As long as we don't have stupid mistakes and CATCH THE BALL :thumbs , things will take care of themselves. I am not expecting a win, but I do expect us to compete and play great football. If we win, that is icing on the cake.

:restore:bonez

As USC is not taken us seriously, we should not look past Nicholas St on Saturday. I mean anything can happen in college football. If they go out and are all thinking about USC, it could end up like Montana St and Colorado     

Seriously though, we should take care of business on Sat., get a solid week of practice leading up to USC and just go out and play our game. As long as we don't have stupid mistakes and CATCH THE BALL , things will take care of themselves. I am not expecting a win, but I do expect us to compete and play great football. If we win, that is icing on the cake.

:yeah we should look past Nicholas St. we should prepare for USC :restore

Maybe they should start worrying about our recieving corps. It may lack high profile names but Nunn, Swift, Purify, Hardy, and Herian and Co. can get the job done.

hardy sucks.

he only sucks with easy catches :rollin seriously.... he makes some tough catches.

It is pretty sad when the ball hits you between the numbers or your hands like on his two drops. They need to work on his concentration or check him for glasses or something.

It is pretty sad when the ball hits you between the numbers or your hands like on his two drops. They need to work on his concentration or check him for glasses or something.

It's really frustrating considering I know for a fact these guys work on CATCHING THE BALL WITH THEIR HANDS all the time, then you see something like that happen.I don't know if he didn't pick up the ball till late or what, but he usually will catch them with his hands.

anyone remember after NU won back to back titles, after beating ASU 70-whatever???? the team was talking about a red-white scrimage would be better compitition then playing ASU again. 19-0 ring a bell.

USC should revisit some of the bigger letdown games and see what happens when players talk to much.

NU will find a way to put USC in their place.

FOCUS!!! NU should and will do what they normally do!!! Let USC yap!! They would be fools to take us lightly!! Or even mention NU in the same breathe as Arkansas!!! We have as much as talent as USC does and as much fire Power power too!!! Our main goal is to focus and execute!!! The only need for concern is our secondary!! I believe a zone package would be great!! We never had big cornerbacks, it was just the schemes that we used!! Through out the years we seen the great receivers that Miami through at us!! Play our game to a T and a (W) will be ours!!! :restore

"We've become accustomed to not really caring who we play," Kalil said. "We worry about ourselves and what we do."

It's sounds a lot like the Huskers when we went back to back. It's confidence and they deserve it. I dont take it in a bad way. We've had that same feeling. We've been down that road before. We're gonna be there again. The thing is, USC doesnt realize yet that what goes up, eventually will go down.

They'll keep living off the past while we are living in the present. They're gonna get a wake up call. GBR for life!!!!!!

USC claimed after the Texas game that they are the better team.

So, if you're waiting for respect from USC, you'll be waiting awhile.

I say play Nicholls exactly opposite of the intent against USC.

And, give them one dry bone to chew on.

The only way we'll beat USC and Texas is to play perfect D.

Luckilly, that is very possible.

Looking past Nicholls is justified by USC being such modest people.

:sarcasm

R U kidding me? it's all about Nebraska - If anyone else watched the game ( i only watched the the first half ) did you notice all the smoke and mirror offense that PC used? It was all misdirection (pass and run) this offense did not want to show the ineptness of that line to Cally and the boys. Do i think its going to be a good game - yes, but watch that line. Also, the offense of Ark was pathetic - keeping the D on the field way to much. Look for a much more rested and better prepared O and D in your next game USuCk.

Guys, I think you're misinterpreting this. USC doesn't mean any disrespect toward Nebraska at all. The Trojans rarely, if ever, give bulletin board material. Usually, it is perceived bulletin board material, such as what is happening here. Kalil is just internalizing the Trojans' approach.

As for the Trojans saying they were the better team after losing to Texas, that was a comment by Leinart. While I'm not happy with him making a comment like that - there is no way for that to be taken except as sour grapes - I could understand his frustration. His team had just had a 34 game winning streak snapped by one guy. The rest of USC outplayed the rest of Texas - but Vince was so amazing that he basically won that game by himself. Not an easy way to have your winning streak snapped, in the Championship game, in your last college game.

Still, even if he thought that, he shouldn't have said it. It was poor sportsmanship in the heat of the moment. Back to the point: USC normally does not say things like that.

valentine,

I know you are devout Husker fan, we all love them, but we do not have anywhere near the talent that SC has. Not even close. At least a couple more years of recruting to even think about it.

We have very good starters in most positions. SC has very good players three deep in the rotation. If it comes down to injuries we will be in deep deep trouble.

We both have dinged up secondaries. But over all their strength there will be to their benefit.

Oline play by Nebraska will decide this game. Zac stays on his feet we have a great chance of playing with the Trojans. The Dline will dictate how good our secondary plays. Lots of preasure we survive, no preasure and it will over by half time.

And there is no disrespect in those comments. It is just the way Nebraska felt after winning 3 our to 4 NC games. It is a way of life for them just as it was for us.