SIGNED: RB Collins Okafor

Hey All,

I just heard on 1620 'The Zone' that Collin Okafor has decided to stay at Nebraska! Good News for us!! I also heard that Marlon Lucky should be coming back for his senior year as well. Kevin Kugler said that Okafor spent alot of time with Marlon Lucky this weekend.

Fall 2008 can't get here soon enough!!

GO BIG RED!

TLS2

Kind of strange for a in state kid to call for a presser to re-announce his commitment to the same place he commited in the first place!

Damned strait. Josh Williams and Compton would be freaking great.

Okafor said Compton's choice is gonna be close. He said "he likes Missouri"

Here's the JournalStar blurb about it:

Okafor: I'm heading to NU

Collins Okafor put on a Nebraska cap Monday afternoon and said he'll be a Husker.

The Omaha Westside running back held a press conference at his school. He had committed to NU in October of 2006 before wavering after the change in coaching staffs and taking visits to Iowa and Stanford.

So, I guess we'll call Monday's news a "re-commitment."

Also, Okafor said Marlon Lucky told him this weekend that Lucky will be back for his senior season. Lucky hosted Okafor during the Westside star's official campus visit.

Okafor informed Husker offensive coordinator Shawn Watson Sunday night of his plans to attend NU.

Curt McKeever is on the scene in Omaha and will have a story up soon.

I certainly hope Marlon comes back. The guy has skills, and regarding him I think we have yet to see his best.

Every week it seems like I get more and more and more excited about Husker Football. :thumbs:thumbs

Hey All,

I just heard on 1620 'The Zone' that Collin Okafor has decided to stay at Nebraska! Good News for us!! I also heard that Marlon Lucky should be coming back for his senior year as well. Kevin Kugler said that Okafor spent alot of time with Marlon Lucky this weekend.

Fall 2008 can't get here soon enough!!

GO BIG RED!

TLS2

welcome aboard Collins and good luck next season Marlon. i think these are good decisions for the players as well as the program.

I think that this commit is maybe the biggest of the entire class....with the exception being Steinkuhler......... that fact that he is the 2nd-3rd rated player in the state, we needed to keep him.... the top programs always get the best kids from their own state....this was huge.....

Plus, the kid is built like the "great ones".......I mean, heck, 6'2 and 200 pounds and runs 4.5.......... Can you say Eddie George...... Once NU puts another 15 pounds of muscle, this kid could be the next super-star to come out of the Omaha Metro.......

Welcome aboard Collins, and thank you for staying HOME !!!!!!!!!!!