Texas

You do realize that the gameplan you are reffering to is pretty much the same one we have used in every other road game? 2-1

But yea, let's get into a track meet with Texas and see how that goes. Maybe we'll stop hearing OMG TEH GAMEPLAN then.

I have been fine with how we have played offensively and controlled the ball. In order to beat Texas though, we will have to score more points. They will put up a lot more points than Prince's pussycats grand total of 3. Realizing that...I say AIR IT OUT. Taylor hasn't broke 200 yards passing in his last 2 big 12 contests, which were on the road(which is fine, we won safely in both games)...but I say we need to get creative and make some big plays happen. We'll need to open it up a little more for Texas.

The D is gradually getting better as the young pups improve and cut their teeth in real game circumstances. Suh is the real deal and Thenarse is on the fast track.

The offense has so many weapons that each week can produce a different player of the game. ZT is still under rated and if Texas doesn't respect him they may get burnt.

This should be a very good game.

Callahan will still try to establish the run first. But I thought that last year when we went to Ames and we ended up throwing the ball 55 times. The horns have a few weaknesses. Their pass defense isn't great and they red zone offense is 6th in the conference and their red zone defense is 10th in the conference.

We can win this game. This will be the first real test for their new QB in a hostile environment.

I think the defensive gameplan is going to have to be the same as the last two weeks. Pressure McCoy and hit him all game. I know he has played Ohio State and OU, but he hasn't played in a road atmosphere like this. 85,000+ all against him. It's gonna be loud and crazy and I think we will win.

On offense, let ZT be ZT. He has been great this year. Throw the ball to Purify, and let him loose. Should be a fun game!!!!!!

I really can't wait for Saturday to come. Living down here with all these Texas folks, I am tired of hearing how they are already looking ahead to the bowl game and saying they deserve to be playing for championship again.

I just hope I get tickets. I really want to make the 10 hour trip. It would be worth every hour.

They deserve to play for the title? I guess that makes Baylor a contender too then huh?

This team is good, but only good imo. We can, and I think will beat them on Saturday. This is our best team since 01, and it's time we show that. GBR!

I hope you get tix though Texan. I would drive that long for a Husker game too if I had to!

Well I say we do need to get the receivers involved more, but I would love to see Glenn or Jackson just run the ball down Texas's throats.............Texas fans are talking about how good their defense is and that would just send a statement to them to me..........I hope our secondary is ready to be tested, because you know they are going to air it out and exploit our weaknesses..........

Ball control is a good thing IF YOU SCORE at the end of your drives. This game will need a little of both. I personally love the 10-12 play drives., but once in a while we need to go deep and try for the home run.

I guess that is why BC is our coach and not me. He has us at 6-1 and looking like a team ready to explode on people. When, I dont know but we will sooner or later. I hope it is texass.

Not looking at anything else, balance on offense is what will be required to win. ISU and KSU can be beaten with a mostly run attack. Texas is a completely different beast.

I think we'll see Nebraska return to the more balanced look simply because we'll have to. Texas is too good for us to just shove the ball down their throat and expect to win. The west coast offense is built around the concept of being flexible. You can fully adapt your gameplan to each and every team you play.

And we'll need to be threatening with both run and pass to beat Texas. Their defense will need to be guessing so we can put up enough points to keep with them. I don't think Callahan is stupid though...he knows we'll need balance to play with Texas.

I think what we've been seeing in the last couple weeks is Callahan proving the west coast offense really can be run dominant if it needs to be. Personally, after two weeks of hard-nose running, I'd like to see us throw a twist at Texas and open up with a mostly pass offense, then shove it down their throat with the run. By the time they adjust, we can settle into a balanced offense and they'll have to start guessing.

If McCoy can be hurried in the pocket, our secondary will have some pressure taken off of them. He's good, but gets frazzled if he's hurried (re: Ohio St game) We have to stop their rush offense and force them to throw. We have to threaten to throw and rush. The more we keep them off the field offensively, the better our chances. Limas Sweed is a great receiver and will burn us left and right if given the chance. Take him out of the equation, make UT one dimensional and our chances improve.

I expect a repeat of the "USC gameplan".