Callahan "Can" Coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well let's make this '99 again and take care of the rest of our schedule and beat them in the CCG. Other than the opening kickoff, our defense began the game on fire (a 3-and-out how many times??) If not for the return... some people mention the 7 pts Texas left off the board (with the 2 missed kicks and the blocked extra pt) yet, I think that the first 3 pts are alittle "forgotten."

Great game and it is to bad someone had to lose. To everyone that needs to blame someone or something GET OVER IT. Nunn nor anyone else single handedly lost this game for us. If you cannot see that then I feel bad for you. The game is 60 minutes long and momentum swings back and forth it is just to bad that it swung to texas last.

GBR

Woah, give Nunn a bit of slack here, last year he pretty much was our recieving corps half the time. Yes the fumble hurt badly in this game but I don't know what he really could have done differently there. It was a really nice tackle at the knees and the ball happened to hit off his helmet as he was going down. Stuff happens and there were plenty of other oppertunities to win the game besides that one, however I don't think Nunn should be returning kicks anymore, I thought he was done after his fumble last game when he was replaced by Hardy and I think Hardy or Swift should definately get the job now. I prefer hardy because of his speed and the fact that Swift has a bigger role on the offense and would tire quicker also handling returns.

I really like the way he opened it up in the 2nd half. We were simply let down by Terrance Nunn though. Like it or not, he lost the game for us...all he had to do was HOLD ON TO THE BALL, but that was too tough a task for the guy. Sad to say. I was under the impression that Nunn worked out a lot in the offseason to get his arms in shape. He fumbles ALL THE TIME...3 against KSU alone, which he may not have lost them all, but 3 fumbles in one game for a wr/returner is unacceptable. Then he goes on today to lose us the game...if he held on to the ball, we would have won...simple as that. I hope he knows how bad he really let us down.

Anyway, enough of that...I don't feel bad about our team it is just Nunn...This game could have really skyrocketed us into national exposure, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. I can't think of a more devastating way to lose a game right now.

dude, get a grip.

You cannot say that this game was lost because of Terrance Nunn. NU did not play a mistake free football game and Nunn did not make all of the mistakes. Zac through a bad pass and it got picked off. the very next play UT scores a touchdown. What about the ruffing the passer penalty on 3rd and long that gave UT a firstdown and they end up scoring on that drive as well. Is Shanle now to blame for the demise of the team.

Remember there is no I in TEAM and this game was not lost by one individual. This loss was not a devistating loss either.

Terrance may have let you down but he didnt let me down and i bet that he didnt let the majority of the members of this board down either.

"fans" like you will be quick to blame 1 person for a loss and then think that same person is the best thing since sliced bread the very next time they make a play. Next week against OSU when Terrance runs a punt back for a touchdown you will be all over his crotch like jock itch.

unbelivable.

i hope no one else thinks like this clown

I really like the way he opened it up in the 2nd half. We were simply let down by Terrance Nunn though. Like it or not, he lost the game for us...all he had to do was HOLD ON TO THE BALL, but that was too tough a task for the guy. Sad to say. I was under the impression that Nunn worked out a lot in the offseason to get his arms in shape. He fumbles ALL THE TIME...3 against KSU alone, which he may not have lost them all, but 3 fumbles in one game for a wr/returner is unacceptable. Then he goes on today to lose us the game...if he held on to the ball, we would have won...simple as that. I hope he knows how bad he really let us down.

Anyway, enough of that...I don't feel bad about our team it is just Nunn...This game could have really skyrocketed us into national exposure, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. I can't think of a more devastating way to lose a game right now.

dude, get a grip.

You cannot say that this game was lost because of Terrance Nunn. NU did not play a mistake free football game and Nunn did not make all of the mistakes. Zac through a bad pass and it got picked off. the very next play UT scores a touchdown. What about the ruffing the passer penalty on 3rd and long that gave UT a firstdown and they end up scoring on that drive as well. Is Shanle now to blame for the demise of the team.

Remember there is no I in TEAM and this game was not lost by one individual. This loss was not a devistating loss either.

Terrance may have let you down but he didnt let me down and i bet that he didnt let the majority of the members of this board down either.

"fans" like you will be quick to blame 1 person for a loss and then think that same person is the best thing since sliced bread the very next time they make a play. Next week against OSU when Terrance runs a punt back for a touchdown you will be all over his crotch like jock itch.

unbelivable.

kinda reminds me of the A&M loss last year......holding on to the ball is crucial in big games!

hunter

Sorry it was the Texas Tech game.

Yea we all feel bad about the way it ended. But as bad as we feel, how do you think Terrance Nunn feels. He will remember that play the rest of his life. And some of you Aholes will never let him forget it. He did the best he could do. That is all anyone can ask of any player, team or coach.

We as a fan base need to get over this loss, but we need to remember the positives taken from this game. I have said many times we are not a top ten team, since the Colorado fiasco., We still aren't. We played a very good game yesterday against a defending National Champion, a top 5 team. Christ look at the positives for the team and the program. Recruits and their coaches know what BC has accomplished and in a very short period of time. Praise him and the team. Terrance did not loose this game. There were many reasons we lost, and all were to blame. But in the loss there are very bright spots. This team now knows it can play with a top level team. It will motivate them to practice harder and overcome the shortfalls. I am proud of my Huskers. Texas was lucky to get out with this win and they know it. There is nothing to be ashamed of in my mind.

GO BIG RED!!!!!

Beat OK State!!!!!

Sorry it was the Texas Tech game.

Yea we all feel bad about the way it ended. But as bad as we feel, how do you think Terrance Nunn feels. He will remember that play the rest of his life. And some of you Aholes will never let him forget it. He did the best he could do. That is all anyone can ask of any player, team or coach.

We as a fan base need to get over this loss, but we need to remember the positives taken from this game. I have said many times we are not a top ten team, since the Colorado fiasco., We still aren't. We played a very good game yesterday against a defending National Champion, a top 5 team. Christ look at the positives for the team and the program. Recruits and their coaches know what BC has accomplished and in a very short period of time. Praise him and the team. Terrance did not loose this game. There were many reasons we lost, and all were to blame. But in the loss there are very bright spots. This team now knows it can play with a top level team. It will motivate them to practice harder and overcome the shortfalls. I am proud of my Huskers. Texas was lucky to get out with this win and they know it. There is nothing to be ashamed of in my mind.

GO BIG RED!!!!!

Beat OK State!!!!!

Exactly, Nice post skersfan

I hope this puts to rest all the negative comments about whether coach Callahan is a good coach or not. He has this program back on its way where we expect Husker football to be. I was proud of this team today and I wouldn't want to be Mizzo coming in next week. Will see Texas again on Dec 2nd.

GBR!!!!

I am not so sure that Missou will be a W. They can pass and the entirety of NCAAF knows NU's secondary isn't the best. Here's hoping you are right though.

With that said, if you are correct and I hope you are, and the Huskers do pull out the W, then we are only part of the way back. Achieving Big 12 North championsip is just the first step. NU needs to dominate the NATIONAL stage, not just the Big 12 North. I'll bet that's where THEY expect to be. The true telling of whether or not Coach Bill has the right stuff will come on December 2. Winning that will put NU back on the national stage and enable recruiting so we don't have to live and die by the JUCO (witness K. St.) Winning is nice, but putting together a program that dominates year after year should the the goal.

dude, get a grip.

unbelivable.

Oh get off my back man...chill the hell out. News for you I am already over this whole situation. I think it is funny when fans get so mad at each other just because some critisize what happened in a game. People get mad and thats the bottom line. It isn't a crime to be pissed off about a game and express your thoughts about it. People get over it, as I have...it's not the end of the world.

It was an awesome and I mean extremely awesome game to partake in. Billy C and friends know what they are doing and had Macks # just the players on the field did not protect the ball when needed too, did not take advantage of the forced fumbles and our O Line is not the shiznit just yet. This came down to the players not the coaches. I love my team and they gave it their all but it was not their best day and they are not at the level of Texas but they did play to that level for as long as they could. Hats off to our coaching staff for the rest of you go join the Bobcat fan club if you dont like it.

dude, get a grip.

unbelivable.

Call me crazy, but I don't think ol' # 83 will be fielding many more punts this year.