FIRE CALLAHAN!

Last I checked you had to win the north to get anywhere.

Can someone explain to me how to get to the BCS (minus the at-large) *without* winning your division in the Big 12? Please, tell me. I really want to know how we can not win the North because apparently it's below us? Get real.

So as long as we win the north we had a great season.

I guess we could shoot for the moon and if we miss at least we will end up amongst the stars. Or we could keep our goals low and and when we achieve them we can say at least we accomplished our goals.

Look up at my response. After you acheive one goal you move on to the next. It was clearly stated that the next goal was the Big 12 Championship.

I am failing to understand why this is so hard to understand.

Goal 1: Win the north

Goal 2: Win the Big 12

Goal 3. Win a National Championship.

Those are the big ones. Obvioulsy there are smaller ones in between called GAMES that you have to win.

What ever happened to setting lofty goals and having mini goals to achieve to reach the ultimate goal. Instead of setting a lower goal and IF it is attained we will change our goal to a higher goal.

I always took the "win the Big XII North" goal as a reflection of Callahan being a realist. To me it is a reflection of the fact that rebuilding a program with a new offense is a step by step process. It was a such a drastic change, the reality is there are going to be some rougher years than Nebraska fans are used to. To me it was always, "Win the Big XII North and then we'll see what happens from there." That's not setting your goals too low, that's being realistic. Because realistically, we're not better than USC, Oklahoma, Auburn, etc. Not this year, at least. Maybe in a couple years, sure.

Do you want us to become Alabama? Seriously. There was some bad play calling there at the end of the game, and I'm as upset as any of you. Callahan has a lot of work today, but keep in mind this is only his 5th season as a head coach at any level. If you can't see progress being made, then you are blind. I'm not a sunshine pumper, I know our coach makes some dumb ass calls, but he'll progress as this team progress. I don't want to go through a downward spiral every time we have just a decent season like this year and search for the next Tom Osborne ala 'Bama. Callahan will improve, give him time.

Alabama is Alabama because the AD wants to dictate how the coaches coach and what offense they run. He dictates what athletes get recruited. Seriously, it's like a bad NFL franchise down there.

How do I know it? Golfed with an Alabama booster this weekend. Funny thing is, his wife is an Auburn alum. I wonder how that works.

Sounds like their AD needs canned.

I always took the "win the Big XII North" goal as a reflection of Callahan being a realist. To me it is a reflection of the fact that rebuilding a program with a new offense is a step by step process. It was a such a drastic change, the reality is there are going to be some rougher years than Nebraska fans are used to. To me it was always, "Win the Big XII North and then we'll see what happens from there." That's not setting your goals too low, that's being realistic. Because realistically, we're not better than USC, Oklahoma, Auburn, etc. Not this year, at least. Maybe in a couple years, sure.

I thought we were just as good a team as Auburn. The game was a defensive struggle. Our line was just as physical, we were not dominated by their speed. We gave them a couple of gifts and they capitalized on them. We in turn received a couple of gifts that gave us good field possession in the second half and failed to capitalize.

Personally, I've about run out of patience with the guy. His offense is easy for opposing coaches to figure out, and he has no answers once they do. He seems completely lost at times during games. I just don't think he has what it takes to be a head coach.

Nevertheless, he's going to be back next year so it's really a pointless debate.

Personally, I've about run out of patience with the guy.

I don't recall when you had any, but maybe that's my bad memory.

I'm disappointed that we didn't beat any of the elite teams this year, but on the other hand we played them tough. Sometimes we killed ourselves (not to take away anything from tough opponents, but....). With the good recruiting, young guys returning, etc. I think our day is coming. I hope Keller can get plugged into the system fast. Still lots of work to do.

I think BC is taking us in the right direction, but I wouldn't favor calling that reverse at that time in the game. I would have been happy if it worked but I prefer to establish a basic plan and not get too fancy so early. I'm not the coach though.

Very, very poorly coached game. We had all the momentum in the first half. Walked up and down the field, just the fake punt (horrible call) and Zac trying to thread the needle on a quick slant, ball gets tipped up, INT were the only errors. Second half we were flat. Callahan just kept beating a dead horse by running Lucky off the tackles. Auburn finally caught on and was getting their defensive players in there. How bout a little play action and taking a shot downfield? And WTF was that last call of going for it on 4th and 11? We should have won this game.

Agreed. The team is going in the correct direction. Hung in with a top SEC team that is supposed to be unstoppable due to their speed. Not the best game we played but our D was great. Take away the two turnovers, or hell, just the fake punt, and it is ours. Playcalling was questionable at times but I enjoyed the game. Can't wait to see what happens in '07, should be a great year, look for better things to come. Much better.

Hung in my ass. We were the better team. Our coach lost the game for those kids. It's a bleeping crime.

No...Actually...See the score? We hung in. Would have won it without turnovers deep in our own territory but since that happened, we hung in there.

as much as i hate to say this, does anyone believe taylor has slowly hurt this team? look at the big 12 ccg..4 ints, 3 which could have been td's..i think he tries to hard and if you notice today.. hes more concerned about moving around the pocket than just throwing the ball away..if he throws the ball away it saves clock time and also he does not have to take the hit..i love taylor and he single handely has led this team to where they are, but i will be glad to see a new quarterback next year, and from what i hear, keller could be the real deal

Yeah, good plan. Let's fire him and become Alabama North. Bitch, bitch, bitch. You are the same kind of person who was calling for Tom Osborne's head durring the 80s and early 90s. What is the criteria going to be to keep a coach? win the Big 12 and a NC or get fired? Get real.

We didnt win, and there were acouple offensive calls that are questionable, but look at AU's body of work. This wasnt some chump team. They beat Florida and LSU this year, and we took them to the wire. If this was a bottom feeder you might have a leg to stand on, but join reality.

as much as i hate to say this, does anyone believe taylor has slowly hurt this team? look at the big 12 ccg..4 ints, 3 which could have been td's..i think he tries to hard and if you notice today.. hes more concerned about moving around the pocket than just throwing the ball away..if he throws the ball away it saves clock time and also he does not have to take the hit..i love taylor and he single handely has led this team to where they are, but i will be glad to see a new quarterback next year, and from what i hear, keller could be the real deal

It is kind of a double edged sword....if he does throw the ball away, some people will say he needs to move in the pocket to gain some time and find the open receiver....if he does move around and makes some errant throws, he needs to stay in the pocket....you are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Keller should be fun to watch next year...hopefully he can keep a good attitude and not ruin the relationships between him and the receivers/rest of the team.

Callahan is a stupid game day coach. His predictable play calling was so bad and I don't even want to talk about the fake punt. That last drive was pretty damn bad. There was that 3rd down and long play and we do some freaking shovel pass and nobody blocks and he gets taken down for a loss rather than into a FG that Congdon has a 20% chance of making. I mean Jesus throw the freaking ball downfield on a 3rd and f**king long you idiot! We have no kicker. The only chance we have is if we get a 1st down. Then that 4th down and long and the play just goes ridiculousy bad and the ball is throw way out of bounds cause its a s**ty play. God damn we lose 5 games, go 4-5 against bowl teams this year, beat no one good and we say were 'making progress'. Well I don't see too much damn progress right now. I say Callahan is equally as bad as Solich so why the hell did we go through that mess 3 years ago? Nebraska can be great again with better coaches, and not accidental hires because of idiots like Steve Pederson. F**k Bill Callahan, hire a real coach next time.