National Championship

Ringer02

:wasted I love watching Ohio st. get rolled by Florida. Especially since those losers at ESPN weren't giving this game (or Florida for that matter) any attention at all. I'm just sad that its not Nebraska in Florida's place.

They schedule the game a week after all the bowl games completed. Kind of lame. It has the feel of just another game. Especially since the playoffs (NFL) started, the excitement and flare has burned out some.

OSU not tested. Florida has been tested. I dont care for either though.

Now look at the only undefeated team in the country...The blue-field wonders. Now they won't ever shut up. Does this mean we need more of a playoff format or should teams like boise try to get in a better conference. We can't fault them for being undefeated, but I don't think they are the best team in the country either. I know this is an off-shoot but what do you all think?

I would dig it, to see Boise State play USC on a neutral field as part of the playoff. However if the Broncos played Florida I would have to adjust my TV. Maybe make it black and white so I wouldnt go cockeyed.

I agree - Ohio State and Big 10 are overrated. Someone needs to tell their commish to get with the program and have a Big 11 championship game like the other big boys. Pac 10 is just plain sorry.

Oh that's right... the Big 10 commish is being reported to having the major say in weather this is a playoff system or not, and he's totally against it. What a selfish punk.

This may be the WORST bowl performance by a Heisman Trophy winner. He looked totally confused, outmatched, outclassed, and like a pretty average QB(which I've said all year).

Would have been nice if the entire left side of the line thought about throwing a block at some point during the game. He was getting teed off on from the blind side all night long. OK by me...just saying. I'm surprised he didn't switch and drop back left-handed just so he could see who was hitting him all night long.

Earlier today, I realized that OSU didn't really play anyone very good this year... they beat "#2" texas (who went on to lose to KSU and TAM), michigan who went on to lose to a team who lost to UCLA and Oregon State... The way that teams are reaching such a level of parity, i have to wonder if boise state couldn't have gotten up to play either of these teams. I don't see why they couldn't have taken OSU, honestly. FLorida was effing *ON* tonight... they'd have been tough to take.

This just screams PLAYOFFS!, dunnit? I mean, come on, we have to base a champion on a few people's guess about who is actually better! And check it out, how many people were wrong about Boise state, USC, Florida, OSU, Texas, Michigan, etc etc? Now we have to believe that they now know *for sure* who is actually better, FLorida or Boise State. Give me a break, the way that college football has been this year, we've been shown time and time again that nobody knows jack.

Don't forget wee-willy Weinke at F$U.

Weinke was before 2001. I was referring to the past 6 winners :)

This may be the WORST bowl performance by a Heisman Trophy winner. He looked totally confused, outmatched, outclassed, and like a pretty average QB(which I've said all year).

Don't forget NU/Crouch's performance against Miami. We got man-handled the entire game. It wasn't much better than Smith's performance last night.

Also, don't forget Ty Detmer. Granted he was literally beaten to a pulp. But I can't think of any other Heisman winners that got both of their shoulders dislocated in a bowl game.