Brandt thinks BJax should withdraw name

HANC

Anyone getting tired of me strating BJax Threads?

1620 was intrviewing Gil Brandt..... one time director of player personnel in the NFL and usually pretty good with draft analysis just said during an interview that anyone who delcared today has 72 hours to reconsider, and the he HOPED THAT JACKSON WOULD RECONSIDER, BECAUSE HE FEELS THAT BJAX MADE THE WRTONG DECISION...

not my opinion....just giving info..

Brandt went on to say that Jackson's reason were not good reasons to enter...

$$$$...Brandt said that if you have been poor for 21 years, what is one ore year ?

Draft position..... He thinks Bjax is bottom of third at best, and felt that if he came back, the could up

his stock, even with a possible deep RB group next year...

Does anyone agree with Gil Brandt, and if so, is there a chance that Brandon reconsiders...

I agree with you Hunter..... I just thought that I would throw the info. out for public opinion...

It is very easy for someone in his position to say some of the stuff he says.... Plus, the guy has a deep Dallas Cowboy connection, so obviously he doesn't know sh!t... Go Steelers :)

You guys do know how instrumental Brandt was in building the Cowboys dynasty of the 90's, right?

Not saying he's right here, but the guy knows his stuff.

What can this guy know about the type of talent it takes to make it in the NFL. :sarcasm

If you ask me B-Jax is making a BIG mistake. Hopefully he hasn't signed with and agent so he can change his mind.

I see him having some excellent numbers at camps. IIRC he was timed with one of the fastest 40 times on the team last year, and pro scouts love intagibles like that. He will go in the early in the mid rounds, and will succeed barring major injury....

I want to hear WHY it is such a terrible mistake? other than experience...... I don't really think he has a whole lot more to prove on the field, albeit he hasn't showed that much, but enough to see he has the talent to make it and thats what it is all about. I doubt that Brandt has watched much film on Jackson, he probably just looked at our teams success and brandons numbers on the season.....

I want to hear WHY it is such a terrible mistake? other than experience...... I don't really think he has a whole lot more to prove on the field, albeit he hasn't showed that much, but enough to see he has the talent to make it and thats what it is all about. I doubt that Brandt has watched much film on Jackson, he probably just looked at our teams success and brandons numbers on the season.....

He hasn't been a FULL TIME starter ever. He had one good year and that is it. This year is the most he has played and still split time with 2 other guys. Also the fact that there is still a good chance that he is around until the second day is reason enough for it to be a mistake. If you ask me NO underclassman should leave early unless they are a sure fire first day pick. As much as we all love him and think he will be pretty good a lot of people think other wise and their opinions carry a lot more weight then any of ours. Although Kiper has him in the Top 5 backs. Who knows though, who would have thought Fabian would go in the first round? Nobody until the combine.

You guys do know how instrumental Brandt was in building the Cowboys dynasty of the 90's, right?

Not saying he's right here, but the guy knows his stuff.

The success of the Cowboys dynasty started and ended with Jimmy Johnson. Not Brandt, not Jerry Jones, not Switzer, not Chan Gailey, not Dave Campo.

Brandt was involved during the Tom Landry days which was pre-1990.

Wait a second, you were prolly just kidding. Sorry, I get it now.

Good luck to BJax but I think it was a mistake. I believe he could have up'd his stock a bit with another great year. I also think he would have had that great year had he came back, assuming no injuries. However, I am not in the mans shoes, so perhaps there are many facts we are just not aware of.

How much higher do some you think his stock would have risen? Right now, I think he is a third round choice. If he would have came back and had a 1200+ season, I only look for him to be moved up into the second round next year. Third round backs generally get a three year contract worth about 3-4 million per. A second round back would probally get about a four or five year deal worth about 4-5 million per. The extra year in school would net him an extra year on his contract (could be good or bad, depends on who signs him) and an extra one million a year. If a player is not a first round pick, then his money (bulk) is not made from his rookie contract, but instead from his RFA contract or FA contract which if he proves his worth in the league, could be a very nice contract.