SportsCenter Cold Hard Facts

wait a minute fellas....we can't talk about the perfect season yet... are you guys forgetting that kenny wilson and cody glenn are out of spring. are you forgetting that our line still has pass pro problems, are you still forgetting we have cortney grixby on the field, as of now, we still have to play usc and by no means are they going to let us walk all over them. sure we have them at home but by no means are we that good that we're going to just anihilate them also don't forget that we have WAKE FORREST at wake forrest...they won the all important ACC... I'm a die hard fan but we can't start thinking about what could be before we get there... we have to keep keller healthy and out of trouble and we have to keep lucky healthy and just what if mo goes down....we have to have the chips fall in our court for this thing to turn into HUSKERS 07.

I love it but i don't know if it's gonna happen...I'm not going to get that excited until we win the Big XII

skers...out

Actually I am pretty sure that Glenn will be available for spring ball. Yes we have Grixby on the field, but we have Jones, who will be improved and the most important-Bowman on the field. As I have stated before just having Bowman back will make everything easier. It allows the other corners to cover the second best receiver which will make them appear much better than they did last year. If you can remember back to Grixbys freshman and sophmore years he didnt look that bad. In fact he looked pretty good, thats because they always had someone there to cover the number one guy. They also have Murillo coming and Thenarse has a year under his belt. Nobody on here said we are going to run over usc, I think everyone is saying it could possibly happen. Wake Forest is a tough early game, but once again it is VERY possible. I also think everyone is assuming these predictions and hopes with the mindset that everyone stays healthy. Do I think the odds are in our favor? No, but I think they could be with a little development and some luck.

wait a minute fellas....we can't talk about the perfect season yet... are you guys forgetting that kenny wilson and cody glenn are out of spring. are you forgetting that our line still has pass pro problems, are you still forgetting we have cortney grixby on the field, as of now, we still have to play usc and by no means are they going to let us walk all over them. sure we have them at home but by no means are we that good that we're going to just anihilate them also don't forget that we have WAKE FORREST at wake forrest...they won the all important ACC... I'm a die hard fan but we can't start thinking about what could be before we get there... we have to keep keller healthy and out of trouble and we have to keep lucky healthy and just what if mo goes down....we have to have the chips fall in our court for this thing to turn into HUSKERS 07.

I love it but i don't know if it's gonna happen...I'm not going to get that excited until we win the Big XII

skers...out

Are you afraid of upsetting the Football Gods by some of us dreaming BIG?

This is what the off-season is for! I would really hate to think what it would be like if we were sitting here saying my God we are going to suck next year. We might as well not even show up, we have an inexperienced line, a new quarterback, a banged up running back core, a shaky offensive line. SCREW THAT!! We have a good running back core, a very improved o-line, a young, talented d-line and a potential first round nfl quarterback. Gotta love the off-season. Kinda reminds me of the movie Fever Pitch.

skers...out

Are you afraid of upsetting the Football Gods by some of us dreaming BIG?

Dude, the Football gods love Nebraska, its just the self important, self proclaimed Demi-gods at ESPN and the mindless minions that follow them that don't. :sarcasm

IF we are going to dream, we might as well dream big.

Good one Gamecocks. Best quote so far.

Dream big.. play big baby.

Beat USC at home. Beat WF on the road. The other pre-conf games hopefully won't be real big challenges. We win those two big ones... we will be sky high full of confidence going into conf. play with a we cant be beat attitude.

One game at a time...

Nevada might be tougher than we think. To me, they're modeling their program after Fresno State. Nevada did disappoint last year, though made a bowl. And IIRC, they'll be young coming into Lincoln.

Wake on the road will be tough. It's like we could be 0-3 or 3-0. If we're 3-0, look out Big XII. We'll be rolling

Beat USC at home. Beat WF on the road. The other pre-conf games hopefully won't be real big challenges.

One game at a time...

Actually that is really cool, and if Herbstreit can say that about us he must really mean it. I know that must have been painful for him to say something like that.

true that.

if nebraska starts doing well, they'll have to go to nebraska to report. and the coast media *hates* going into flyover country to do their reports.

bite the bullet, herbstreit: come to nebraska and enjoy the ambiance that is... LINCOLN!

Of course their going to talk about us, we have an excellent chance of being a very good football team this year. I have thought for the last few years how the jelaousy of the Husker program has come out from some of the frustrated talking heads at ESPN. Who's teams had to take a back seat to the Husker program while they were growing up and later playing for their colleges of choice.

Trev Alberts was the only one who kept it fair and balanced, but ESPN didn't want that. They like to make news when a team is down and pour a little gas to the flame the fire every chance they get. Sports Ill, tried for a long time to dig up dirt on the Huskers in the 70's and 80's and the only thing they could come up with was some of the players were "giving" their tickets to people other than family members. All that did was make the players sit out one game, some where during the season. Was it big news, you bet it was. People here in Tucson were coming up to me at work and telling me Nebraska had got in trouble with a smile on their smug faces. They couldn't wait to tell me. I just thought "HUH" your getting in my face for that. I will be so glad when we get back to being a contender for Big 12 or N/C titles. Than the Herbstreit's and Mays can shrink back into their corners and try to find some other program who's down so they can talk $hit about, while their teams fade once they had there 2-5 year runs at trying to get to the top.

GBR!!! :bonez