SIGNED: CB David Whitmore

chuckd

Is it a mistake? I don't hear it called that. It may not be the most proper way, but the university is abbreviated as NU. Is the writer wrong?

Formally, it's the University of Nebrask - Lincoln, UNL. Since Aggies (the article comes out of College Station) like to call The University of Texas TU as a form of disrespect, maybe referring to the University of Nebraska as Nebraska University is a dig? Maybe Aggies are just dislexic, who knows.

Is it a mistake? I don't hear it called that. It may not be the most proper way, but the university is abbreviated as NU. Is the writer wrong?

it's a curious distinction with the Big 12.

Kansas - KU

Colorado - CU

Baylor - BU

Missouri - MU

Nebraska - NU

Texas is the only one that goes by the more "traditional" order with UT.

I'm not sure why, but i thought it might have to do with confusion. Michigan is UM, so if Missouri went by the same acronym it might get a little confusing. Michigan and Missouri are relatively close, so this confusion might end up being quite comon place. Similarly, people might confuse Kansas with Kentucky (both big time bball schools). It doesn't explain why CU, NU, and BU do this, or why Texas is so adamant about being UT instead of TU, but it's the only explanation i have ever heard as to why the big 12 does this.

• 4 weeks later...

• 5 months later...
Anyone have news on how David's visit went this weekend? This kid is a must for us as solid CB recruit.

:bonez

David said the visit was a 10 and he had zero negatives. He was in awe with the weight room. He liked the coaches, especially Sanders and Bo. Mr and Mrs Whitmore came away happy with the visit and were shocked at how good the facilities were. Whitemore said he is coming to Lincoln this summer with the determination that he will be seeing playing time at CB this year. Despite all the shake up with the coaching changes this kid stood by his commitment to Nebraska the entire time. It says a lot about his character. How can you not like this kid! :horns If this kids work habit is half as big as his character is, David Whitmore WILL be an All American at Corner Back!

Anyone have news on how David's visit went this weekend? This kid is a must for us as solid CB recruit.

:bonez

David said the visit was a 10 and he had zero negatives. He was in awe with the weight room. He liked the coaches, especially Sanders and Bo. Mr and Mrs Whitmore came away happy with the visit and were shocked at how good the facilites were. Whitemore said he is coming to Lincoln this summer with the determination that he will be seeing playing time at CB this year. Despite all the shake up with the coaching changes this kid stood by his committment to Nebraska the entire time. It says a lot about his character. How can you not like this kid! :horns If this kids work habit is half as big as his character is, David Whitmore WILL be an All American at Corner Back!

Sounds fantastic. So glad to have you on board, David!