SIGNED: Ath John Levorson

I agree with you Hanc. This guy looks like the classic mold. Stays in the system a few years, puts in the work, really shines towards end of his career.

3* now too, so people can't complain that we wasted a scholly on him!

Don't kid yourself about counting stars. Harrison Beck ring a bell? I'm just sayin........ ;)

I agree with you Hanc. This guy looks like the classic mold. Stays in the system a few years, puts in the work, really shines towards end of his career.

Don't kid yourself about counting stars. Harrison Beck ring a bell? I'm just sayin........ ;)

I agree with you that stars don't mean much, but this kid has some good athletic ability. I expect him to be at least a two-year starter for us.

so one bust makes them totally irrelevant? you know someone could go along and list tons of high star kids that didnt bust. I dont think the stars gospel truth, but there reseach behind them. are there mistakes? yes. there are humans involved in the process so there are mistakes(darn those humans!!) not to mention the fact that it doesnt take into account coaching and system. that is equally important. you dont see team winning the BCS with bad recruting classes. but you also dont see bad coaches either. you got to have good coaches that recruit the right type of player for their system.

so one bust makes them totally irrelevant? you know someone could go along and list tons of high star kids that didnt bust. I dont think the stars gospel truth, but there reseach behind them. are there mistakes? yes. there are humans involved in the process so there are mistakes(darn those humans!!) not to mention the fact that it doesnt take into account coaching and system. that is equally important. you dont see team winning the BCS with bad recruting classes. but you also dont see bad coaches either. you got to have good coaches that recruit the right type of player for their system.

that's coaching, that's sytem, that's recruting= BC, loser. yep, it takes everything, including a coach who can coach/develop kids.

Beck aint the only bust. Remember Thunder Collins? I can go on if ya want......I understand the reasearch behind the "star ratings" but then I can also go back and say..."hey look at KU".

Beck aint the only bust. Remember Thunder Collins? I can go on if ya want......I understand the reasearch behind the "star ratings" but then I can also go back and say..."hey look at KU".

wow KU had on good year......

as for collins yes there are some mistakes....like I said, its an imperfect sceince. I'm guessing you must completely ignore weather forecasts as well?? how often are they wrong? and like I said there is more that is involved than just the players...... coaching, system, and personal stuff. my brother looked like he was going to be a great college player, but his girl friend got pregnant....... stuff happens you know

but I will say this.... go back 4 years and look at the top ten recruiting classes.... USC,LSU, OU, texas, OSU, georgia.... all in the top ten..... kinda like how they finished this year (they had LSU#2)

as for collins yes there are some mistakes....like I said, its an imperfect sceince. I'm guessing you must completely ignore weather forecasts as well?? how often are they wrong? and like I said there is more that is involved than just the players...... coaching, system, and personal stuff. my brother looked like he was going to be a great college player, but his girl friend got pregnant....... stuff happens you know

but I will say this.... go back 4 years and look at the top ten recruiting classes.... USC,LSU, OU, texas, OSU, georgia.... all in the top ten..... kinda like how they finished this year (they had LSU#2)

Not at all, I just don't buy into the hype of the stars. Perfect example...our DB recruit Whitmore. Hell of a kid with a great head on his shoulders. Glad he is a Husker! He was a 3 star recruit the ENTIRE year he played ball. JUST a few days ago he gets bumped to a 4 star? What exactly for? He didn't play football in the past two weeks. He didn't play in any all star games, yet he get's bumped up another star? I am not arguing about these teams that are power houses due to good recruiting over the years! I am stating that SOME on these boards ONLY look at stars and not their actual PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES.

Not at all, I just don't buy into the hype of the stars. Perfect example...our DB recruit Whitmore. Hell of a kid with a great head on his shoulders. Glad he is a Husker! He was a 3 star recruit the ENTIRE year he played ball. JUST a few days ago he gets bumped to a 4 star? What exactly for? He didn't play football in the past two weeks. He didn't play in any all star games, yet he get's bumped up another star? I am not arguing about these teams that are power houses due to good recruiting over the years! I am stating that SOME on these boards ONLY look at stars and not their actual PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES.

I highly doubt that rivals does little if any scouting live. they probably raised his level do to his tapes. I would imagine with all of the kids in the country going through all of those tapes would take a fair amount time......

I highly doubt that rivals does little if any scouting live. they probably raised his level do to his tapes. I would imagine with all of the kids in the country going through all of those tapes would take a fair amount time......

...so...I heard this John Levorson guy is good! :hellloooo

• 3 weeks later...