Lebron James

cmb23

Shouldn't you be off burning cop cars and trying to make the rest of LA look like the bomb zone that is the downtown by Staples? Lovely group of people, Laker fans.

You know thats a bunch of low life mexicans and n****rs doing that right? I live by the beach and the only time I go downtown is for the games and we leave right after. You are so bitter about Kobe.

Southbay, a word of warning - keep the racist crap off the Board. This is the only warning I'll give on this.

I'm 1/2 mexican so it's not racism when I say it and besides it's the truth - Look at the footage the video doesn't lie.

Shouldn't you be off burning cop cars and trying to make the rest of LA look like the bomb zone that is the downtown by Staples? Lovely group of people, Laker fans.

You know thats a bunch of low life mexicans and n****rs doing that right? I live by the beach and the only time I go downtown is for the games and we leave right after. You are so bitter about Kobe.

Southbay, a word of warning - keep the racist crap off the Board. This is the only warning I'll give on this.

I'm 1/2 mexican so it's not racism when I say it and besides it's the truth - Look at the footage the video doesn't lie.

Rationalize it all you want. Do it again, and you're banned.

Rationalize it all you want. Do it again, and you're banned.

Then ban me whiteboy - You think I give a f#*k, what you think.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm a die hard Bulls fan so I hope LeBron goes to the Bulls but no one carried/willed his team to victory like #23 did. LeBron is great but there still is no other player who was as exciting to watch as Michael Jordan. The greatest player to ever play the game.

image_php_171287.jpg

jordan3_090829.jpg

jordanewjpg-952c1d213dfbc19a_large.jpg

michael_jordan.gif

mj_the_shot.jpg

michael_jordan_animated_1.gif

michael-jordan-first-trophy.jpg

michael-jordan-slam-dunk-88-poster.jpg

michael_jordan_animated_3.gif

What he did was totally classless. If he knew he was going to go to Miami, he should have just announced it, not drag his hometown through the mud on national television. He basically just said that he doesn't want to be in Cleveland, either (it is a depressed area clinging to hope, a quiet desperation... Him leaving shows that even he can't stand the city). I understand his move, but he is really tripping over his own ego here... Kind of hard to blame him when the guy was offered millions out of high school, but this was uncalled for.

I watched the show and it was painful at times. I hope this type of thing does not happen again. Lebron seems to be a genuinely good guy but man did he get bad advice doing this thing. Tried to make it look down home and quaint but came off as a bad play at the local gym. Beginning was too drawn out. There was no need to put Cleveland in that position...it obviously set off their owner who said some pretty bad things about Lebron (I don't in any way justify what the owner said). It obviously punched some of the Cav fans in the gut unnecessarily. Why hurt your image with this? Then to hit the Cav fans with all the tweets and clips about how great it is for Miami and how Cleveland loses out yet again. Those stories would come out over the days but why create a whole show about it? That is what puzzles me...you could tell it was eating at Lebron that he knew this act was going to hurt Cleveland but it was if someone said "You gotta do this ESPN thing!"...half the time seemed like Lebron didn't even want to be there. And Jim Gray?! Bad choice to be interviewed by...not very likable, too stiff, takes air out of room, long pauses. The follow up with Michael Wilbon was more appropriate.

My advice...if it wasn't all about him, Lebron should have just come out with presser shortly thereafter or at same time Bosh and Wade were announced...this is about winning, best place to win, want to play with these guys, sincere thanks to Cleveland, etc. Then let this go over for a couple days and then have like Magic Johnson do an interview with all 3 of them (Lebron, Wade, and Bosh). This would be a fun interview but could still have some serious questions for Lebron about leaving Cleveland which is completely legitimate. I think the reaction to something like that would be, "wow, cool for them and they will be fun to watch". Instead Lebron is hated by his home state, burning his jersey, and the Heat are dubbed the next evil empire. Dude Lebron, next time call me before you get more bad advice.

I Didn't get a chance to watch the special.

But thought this open letter by one of the owners was just too..

:laughpound:ahhhhhhhh:hellloooo:facepalm:

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER KING WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert

Majority Owner

Cleveland Cavaliers