JUCO DE Simi Kuli

Dhuskers Posted Yesterday, 01:02 PM

I heard that he was promised by TO that Pelini will be taking over, thus leaving LSU off the list to come to Nebraska.

lol I was kidding, im new to these boards and thought id test the waters and see how fast rumors actually got started on these things. Thought maybe id show up for work tomorrow and hear someone talking about it :o Still though I think he has to have a good idea that Pelini is a good candidate to take the reigns next year and could've made some impact on his decision.

Mods-- Please ban this stroke. Please.

Is the AD even allowed to talk to recruits?

The AD can call recruits. The coaches and/or the AD are only alowed one call a week. At least I think it is per week. Therefore as TO stated in his interview where the comment "that would depend on the new coaching staff" was made, he stated he had to make sure the coaching staff didn't call them that week as well. So, in short, yes they are allowed to call the recruits under certain guide lines.

Is the AD even allowed to talk to recruits?

The AD can call recruits. The coaches and/or the AD are only alowed one call a week. At least I think it is per week. Therefore as TO stated in his interview where the comment "that would depend on the new coaching staff" was made, he stated he had to make sure the coaching staff didn't call them that week as well. So, in short, yes they are allowed to call the recruits under certain guide lines.

Not according to Tom Osborne on Big Red Wrapup last night

From what i understand, the rule doesn't restrict contact to coaches. Any representative of the university may contact the kid.

I don't get what you mean by that but I think you are wrong, there are restrictions everyone from the university, boosters, coaches, or just regular fans see

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16811

again I don't quite understand but by NCAA rules Osborne according from the coach himself said he cannot call the recuirts, they have to call him.

From what i understand, the rule doesn't restrict contact to coaches. Any representative of the university may contact the kid.

I don't get what you mean by that but I think you are wrong, there are restrictions everyone from the university, boosters, coaches, or just regular fans see

again I don't quite understand but by NCAA rules Osborne according from the coach himself said he cannot call the recuirts, they have to call him.

By "representative" i meant employee. Certainly boosters aren't permited to contact recruits.

I saw the specific rule(s) about contact with recruits somewhere. It may have been incomplete or wrong and i may be wrong about this in turn, but from what i remember any employee of the university is permitted to contact the recruit.

By "representative" i meant employee. Certainly boosters aren't permited to contact recruits.

I saw the specific rule(s) about contact with recruits somewhere. It may have been incomplete or wrong and i may be wrong about this in turn, but from what i remember any employee of the university is permitted to contact the recruit.

Are you thinking of THIS POST?

• 1 month later...