LB Kenny Demens

Michigan will lose at least 2 more games and Carr will retire or get fired and then what will Kenny do then.

They will get a coach that is a hot commodity and won't have to settle for a Coach that just got fired.

Sounds like he's going because it's Michigan not because of the coach.

Yeah seriously who the hell would pick out a school b/c of lloyd carr :LOLtartar

Just saw this at Husker Journal for what it's worth...confirms that Michigan coaches used the Wolverine's poor early start as a recruiting tool to get Demens...heck, he should have waited a week or two...Kenny, we need help at LB and defense too! Anyone know if he will still visit us? He confirms at end lots of our recruits wanted him to come to NU.

SEPTEMBER 26, 2007. PREP STAR

KENNY DEMENS, LB, 6-1, 226, 4.6, DETROIT (COUNTRY DAY), MICHIGAN

Kenny will make his oral commitment this Saturday at Oak Park High School. The announcement will be at 1:00 PM local time at the media center. Kenny will draw hats from Nebraska, Michigan and Michigan State.

“I was at one time a Nebraska lean, but after Michigan struggled early I gave them a big look.” said Kenny, “Michigan coaches told me they needed help at linebacker and I could play early.”

“I saw Michigan twice this year, Oregon and Notre Dame games.” he said, “I liked the Big House and the game atmosphere.”

“My mother wants me to stay close to home and play for Michigan. She wants me at an academic school.”

When asked if Nebraska will finish third for his services, Kenny replied.

“At this time it’s all equal. I’m going in cold with my announcement.”

“If I was to leave the area (Nebraska), my mother would support my decision and still make it to some of the games.” said Kenny.

“I visited Michigan State, it’s an upcoming program.” he said, “I like the staff there, they are down to earth. The new coach is doing a good job.”

“Michigan State is recruiting the Detroit area hard and making some progress. My cousin Caulton Ray (Michigan State commit) calls me all the time.”

“I also hear from Nebraska commits, Gabbert, Rippy, Compton and Woods. My teammate Gray wants me at Nebraska too."

“I’m looking forward to Saturday, I can’t wait to get it over with.”

I'm just wondering if we steal him back if Carr gets let go at the end of the year. He basically says he wants to go there becuase the coaches are all but guaranteeing him a starting nod. If those coaches are gone he could have a shot at being a RSF starter here.

I don't see us stealing him away from them based on his family ties. To me I would rather get away from family and have a little freedom. That's just me though........

I'm just wondering if we steal him back if Carr gets let go at the end of the year. He basically says he wants to go there becuase the coaches are all but guaranteeing him a starting nod. If those coaches are gone he could have a shot at being a RSF starter here.

You don't think Michigan would get a big name coach or a hot up and coming coach and then have him tell Kenny Demens the same thing?

Of course I do, but that doesn't always work.. especially if they are a coach known for running a defense that doesn't necessarily make great use of the linebackers for pressure and relies almost soley on a four man rush, or a coach that runs a scheme that runs a whole lot of nickel or dime as the base package.

And even if they do a lot of things Kenny likes, some kids prefer NOT to go with a new coach and want someone who has already been recruiting the kid over the course of the season and they are at least familiar with.

• 2 months later...

Couldn't hurt to get back in contact with Demens.

1) We have Bo now so defense is no longer going to be ignored here.

2) Michigan is having a tough time getting a new coach in the door.

3) Mohler is now going to CU so Demens has great chance to play here early.

Would be cool if we ended up getting Kenny afterall. Hope new staff gives him a call.