LB Kenny Demens

Player: Kenny Demens

Hometown: Detroit, MI

Position: LB

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 224 lbs.

40 time: 4.6

Visit Date: 9/14/2007

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Purdue, Michigan State, Illinois, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan

Favorites: Nebraska and Michigan

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star:star

Bid Red Report: :star:star:star

Assessing the talent: One of the top LB prospects in MI.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 45% Wants to committ to same school as friend and teammate RB Jonas Gray. Demens and Gray are visiting for the USC game. I like it! :horns2

Free Scout link...we are moving up against Michigan State which he had as top choice prior...if we go head to head against Michigan State, we should be in very good shape! :woo

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=204&p=2&c=655644

Demens: "It's confusing"

By GSN Staff

Scout.com

Posted Jun 30, 2007

A lot of recent attention from the Nebraska Cornhuskers has moved the Big Red up on the list of Country Day linebacker Kenny Demens. Has Nebraska caught Michigan State and taken the lead in the Kenny Demens sweepstakes? GSN caught up with the three-star linebacker to find out what his plans are for the remainder of the summer and if MSU is still on top.

After blowing up during his junior season, Detroit Country Day linebacker Kenny Demens didn't know what to expect from the recruiting process. As offers from across the region have continued flooding in, what was once expected to be an early decision has now become much more complicated for the three-star run stopper.

"It's been an exciting experience," Demens told GSN. "I didn't know what to expect and it's exciting. At the same time, it's becoming difficult knowing that I'm going to have to make a decision."

Despite offers from schools across the Midwest, two schools have emerged at the top of Demens' list. Due to the persistence of each coaching staff, one Big 10 school and one Big XII school have moved to the top of the board.

"If you would have asked me three weeks ago, I would have said Michigan State was on top," Demens continued. "I'm getting to know Nebraska more and more right now though, and it's starting to get more confusing. I'm liking Nebraska more and more, but I've had love for Michigan State since when they first offered me. I talk to Michigan State everyday. I talk to Nebraska about 2-3 times a week."

When it comes to picking his final destination, comfort level will play in pivotal role in Demens recruitment. Aware of the fact that the school he selects will be his home for the next four years, familiarity with the coaching staff is key.

"I'm looking for a place that I can call home. I know I'm going to be there for the next three or four years, so I need to be comfortable with the players, coaches and everything. I'm going to Nebraska on an unofficial and I'm going to be comparing it to MSU. I've heard the fans in Nebraska are crazy because there's no NFL team there so it's the only football in the state.

"I'm going to Nebraska around July 15. I've talked to Jonas (Gray) about taking the trip together, but I'm bringing seven uncles, my mom and my younger brother so we're going to have to go whenever is most convenient for all them."

GSN will continue to provide the latest in Kenny Demens' recruitment.

"I'm going to Nebraska around July 15. I've talked to Jonas (Gray) about taking the trip together, but I'm bringing seven uncles, my mom and my younger brother so we're going to have to go whenever is most convenient for all them."

Getting him here is half the battle! Sure hope the Gray can join him, too. Hopefully, after his visit, he will no longer be "confused" and decide that Nebraska is the right place for him. :woo

who is up for a welcoming party for Kenny and Jonas when their flight arrives, that would show him how "crazy" we are.

That would blow their minds!

or successfully creep them out. We love our football, yes.....but there should be a line. I think if I were a recruit I would be a little eeked by that.

Now on gameday during a visit and I am getting asked for autographs and hear people yelling my name, that is the shiznit.