Purify Back

He was not found guilty of 4 "law infractions". He plead no contest to two charges and the other two were dropped. Check the records.

The kid has been totally excluded from summer workouts and conditioning. He'll get maybe 1 week's worth plus not being able to play in the first game.

Like others said, I'm not really sure what you want out of the situation? Any insight into that would be great. Would you like him kicked off the team? What would make this right in your eye?

The records I checked showed he pleaded "no-contest" (guilty) to all 4 charges.

It really doesn't matter at this point. It all took place, except for the DUI...in what context. But when he admits to alcohol being a factor, he is at least equally to blame...were the others drinking sodas and squeaky clean at the bar?!?

Oh no, he got the summer off to sit on his ass, what a huge penalty to pay!!!! Give me an f'ing break.

Yeah, I'm sure he enjoyed that. Are you familiar with team sports at all? (World of Warcraft doesn't count)

After he started a fight in a bar (he did? Do you have proof? Were you there?) and promised not to get into any more trouble but a few weeks later (it wasn't a few weeks...much shorter time frame) got picked up for DUI, he should have been kicked off the team, period. He looked his coach and teammates in the face and lied to them.

What did he tell them? Oh, that's right, you were in the locker room again. Please give us the statement.

But he has a coach who has a trouble telling the truth so we shouldn't expect anything less in this situation.

So now Callahan is lying. What did Callahan promise you? Purify off the team so you could start? That must suck

Slightly less than I feared, but adequate.

How soon will he be able to practice? (Not to sound concerned only about what he can do for the team, but the sooner he can get back to normalcy, the better he can put this past him).

(Answered in the article)

Purify would rejoin the team for the final week of summer conditioning and start practice with the Huskers on Aug. 6

High coach Jack Lakin personally stated to OmahaPoohBear:

"Consequences aren't always just about punishment, they're about changing behavior,"

Slightly less than I feared, but adequate.

How soon will he be able to practice? (Not to sound concerned only about what he can do for the team, but the sooner he can get back to normalcy, the better he can put this past him).

(Answered in the article)

Purify would rejoin the team for the final week of summer conditioning and start practice with the Huskers on Aug. 6

High coach Jack Lakin personally stated to OmahaPoohBear:

"Consequences aren't always just about punishment, they're about changing behavior,"

:yeah

He was not found guilty of 4 "law infractions". He plead no contest to two charges and the other two were dropped. Check the records.

The kid has been totally excluded from summer workouts and conditioning. He'll get maybe 1 week's worth plus not being able to play in the first game.

Like others said, I'm not really sure what you want out of the situation? Any insight into that would be great. Would you like him kicked off the team? What would make this right in your eye?

Oh no, he got the summer off to sit on his ass, what a huge penalty to pay!!!! Give me an f'ing break.

After he started a fight in a bar and promised not to get into any more trouble but a few weeks later got picked up for DUI, he should have been kicked off the team, period. He looked his coach and teammates in the face and lied to them. But he has a coach who has a trouble telling the truth so we shouldn't expect anything less in this situation.

For you and me, that's not punishment. But for a football player who wants to play football with his teammates, but can't, it is punishment.

You still haven't stated what punishment you'd find fitting? Anything that leads to the Callahan's demise, I take it?

Not suprising, with Callahan being on the hot seat, he needs Purify to play against USC. So much for Callahan being a tough disciplinarian. With Callahan trying to save his own neck, he will create another huge black eye for the program.

According to the article, no only is he supspended for the season opener but he also has community service to start immediatley and is still awaiting disciplinary action from the school board itself.

he is young and made young, dumb mistakes...i thought 2 games would be the deal...a little suprised by one game...i'm sure Cally had MO puking his guts out during some 'dawn patrol'...a coaches job is to teach, train, prepare kids for the future and i'm sure Callahan has been guiding and counseling MO these past few weeks...now it's time for purify to earn back the respect of his teammates and prove he is serious by his actions...let the bashers bash! the team and the university are obviously doing what they feel is just...

with all this happening i think a MONSTER season is in store for Purify and it will actually unify the team...Go Big Red

After he started a fight in a bar and promised not to get into any more trouble but a few weeks later got picked up for DUI, he should have been kicked off the team, period. He looked his coach and teammates in the face and lied to them. But he has a coach who has a trouble telling the truth so we shouldn't expect anything less in this situation.

You sir are an :asshat and flamers are dealt with not so kindly by the mods. Voice your opinion and have a discussion but if you want to come and just stir sh#t go somewhere else.

I don't see the need for name calling there. As far as I'm concerned he's not flaming or trolling.....just disagreeing. He thinks Purify should be tossed for the season. He believes Callahan is trying to save his own ass and have his best player play. I can't totally disagree with that. I think that played a part, but Callahan has at least in the three years in Nebraska has been pretty tough on his players and that's all we have to really go on.

Not suprising, with Callahan being on the hot seat, he needs Purify to play against USC. So much for Callahan being a tough disciplinarian. With Callahan trying to save his own neck, he will create another huge black eye for the program.

Umm, remember Lawrence Phillips? Ya, neither do I.

I had a little inside information on the Incognito situation. BC is a fair person. He sat out guidelines and certain things that had to be met, and or conformed to. I think BC is the only person that really knows the whole story other than MO. The rest of us are just guessing and seeing it the way we want to.

From what I know of the Incognito deal, MO will not get a walk in the park on this. There will be many hours spent making up for a big mistake. I really do not think MO is any more important to the team than Incognito was at the time. You do what your required to do, you play, if not the door will open and he will be gone.

Everyone makes mistakes, coaches, players and even us fans, can you believe that. The only way we will

know if this was a mistake is to see where the road leads us. I will trust in BC to make the right choice.

I could care less about what mush mouth has to say or anyone else. None of them know the whole situation. Trust me mushmouth should have nothing to say about drinking and driving!

This is probably the best information I have picked up all week. I LOVE THIS SITE!!!!!

I really believe MO has learned his lesson and you have to respect Callahan's decision. If MO really wants to be on this team then he will not do anything like that again. It is like a dream come true to play for the Huskers and any normal person would not want to Jeopordize that.

You sir are an :asshat and flamers are dealt with not so kindly by the mods. Voice your opinion and have a discussion but if you want to come and just stir sh#t go somewhere else.

If you want everyone who disagrees to be banned from the board, I'll PM you a link to a board where you'll fit in much better.

If you want everyone who disagrees to be banned from the board, I'll PM you a link to a board where you'll fit in much better.

did you even read the post that was replied to? if so you would have noticed that it was not just disagreement. all UNO was saying in his profound way was to state his opinion without just trying to stir up some sh#t.

we are all human and all have our own opinions and all voice them here on this board.

but reading some of the other posts by this guy on other threads and to me, it seems like he is trying to stir up arguments