Josh Freeman...overweight and on physically unable to perform list (PUP)

well, personally i think the kid was promised the job (as a freshman and i will always think that) and now the "chickens have come home to roost" for Prince, who was a dumb ass for doing it and treating this kid like a prima donna from the beginning. you get EXACTLY what you sow from the planting and Prince got a big watermelon who can't move!

i suppose both Prince and Josh will both learn their lesson from this, BUT Prince should have known better! i think Freeman will still play well this year for the kitties.

Okay, this is not a big deal. Calling him a 'watermelon who can't move' is hardly a fair statement. He'll be in fine shape and I'm sure he'll do just fine for the kitties this year.

As far as his recruitment goes, what do you expect? The opportunity to play at KSU was better. At that time, we had Harrison Beck waiting in the wings, no? Where would Freeman be today if he had signed with us?

There's no "lesson" to be learned from this, because it's a total non-issue...come on guys, admit it - Freeman has done nothing to show he'll be a bust yet, much as you all seem to want that to happen. This is media spin and I wouldn't worry about it a bit if I were a K-State fan.

well, it is obviously a bunch of crap about him adding additional body weight through conditioning. if that were true and he did it correctly, he wouldn't have been that slow and out of shape cardio wise.

sure the kid has talent and i think he will perform well, but his work ethic and off season approach has screwed the team over and set him back. he can't get the reps he needs right away, sure he will recover and play well, but you have to ask yourself, what kind of dedication does he have? how does this make him a team leader? lots of intangibles were pissed away and they do count for something.

as for Beck, well if Freeman wasn't afraid of some competition and IF he would have stayed committed i am sure he would have started for us this year and maybe Keller wouldn't have even ended up at NU?

anyway, he is past tense and i really feel sorry for the kid, because Prince blew a lot of smoke up his ass and so far he has not shown the dedication and comittment he needs to be really good at KSU. this is what happens when someone hands something to you, you simply don't work and perform up to your capabilities.

and yes, there is a lesson to be learned, think about it again.