Can the Huskers win the Big 12?

We have a new QB with some experience from a few years ago. Has a lot of potential.

Depth at RBs - will have to stay healthy. Could find a gem among the newcomers.

WR - talent and great depth. Strong group here.

OL - will the Tackles protect the rush? Run blocking should be good.

Playcalling - take chances or play "not to lose"? Big question of mine, like to see the guys be aggressive.

DL - Loss of two starters to NFL. Backups have game experience and good potential. Not too concerned here.

LB - A lot of experience (a plus) and depth (a plus). Can the group stay healthy?

DB & S - weakness on team despite good experience. Hoping they will improve as should be expected.

Playmakers on D? Dont see a lot of it here, but it's a new year and you dont know until the games are played out.

Special teams - KO coverage is good. Punt return teams needs a definate boost & cut down the fair catches.

Anxious to see the KO return team.

K- new kicker. It's unknown at this time.

P- durable. No concerns.

Coaching - like the new O-coordinator. The coaches should expect the players with 2-3 years of experience to "get it" by now.

Are they going to hold them back or let them attack this year? Personally, I think this is a make it or break it season for Cally. But that's forming MY own opinion from what I have seen so far. Agree or disagree, it doesnt change it. Doesnt make me a hater or bad guy.

Prediction: 6-6 Losses to: @Wake Forest, USC, @Missouri, TexA&M, @Texas, @Kansas.

I LOVE the Huskers. I WANT them to win every game. I wont miss a play. And I will cheer loud!

We have a new QB with some experience from a few years ago. Has a lot of potential.

Playcalling - take chances or play "not to lose"? Big question of mine, like to see the guys be aggressive.

DL - Loss of two starters to NFL. Backups have game experience and good potential. Not too concerned here.

LB - A lot of experience (a plus) and depth (a plus). Can the group stay healthy?

DB & S - weakness on team despite good experience. Hoping they will improve as should be expected.

Playmakers on D? Dont see a lot of it here, but it's a new year and you dont know until the games are played out.

Special teams - KO coverage is good. Punt return teams needs a definate boost & cut down the fair catches.

P- durable. No concerns.

Coaching - like the new O-coordinator. The coaches should expect the players with 2-3 years of experience to "get it" by now.

Are they going to hold them back or let them attack this year? Personally, I think this is a make it or break it season for Cally. But that's forming MY own opinion from what I have seen so far. Agree or disagree, it doesnt change it. Doesnt make me a hater or bad guy.

Prediction: 6-6 Losses to: @Wake Forest, USC, @Missouri, TexA&M, @Texas, @Kansas.

I LOVE the Huskers. I WANT them to win every game. I wont miss a play. And I will cheer loud!

Wow. Please contain your enthusiasm.....and your optimism!

Wow! Surprising. I can see USC, Missouri, TexA&M, and Texas; but not WF and Kansas. WF lost a lot of personel last year and is not known for their ability to reload. A loss there would be shocking. Mangino is a decent coach and has had good gameplans against us the last couple of times we have played, but while our talent level is rising and our players (and coaches) are getting more experienced, his talent level has not risen. It has stayed the same, if not gotten worse. A loss here would shock me as well.

P- durable. No concerns.

Are you serious?

So they will basically lose every single game this year that presents any kind of challenge whatsoever?

Are you sure you will cheer loud? Honestly, WTF?

Struggle against Mizzou...

negative. nebraska goes into columbia and beat the tiggers like the bouncy, trouncy trash that they are and reminds them once and for all that the HUSKERS are the kings of the big twelve north.

we've got kids on the squad that remember what it was like to get smacked around last time. this year, i think we have the talent AND the leadership Mizzou at home.

... and Ok St. ...

the cowbois are gonna get rode hard and put away wet this year without so much as courtesy kiss from huskernation.

nebraska self-destructed last year. you can talk about how powerful the oakie aggies were on offense, and they were, but the blackshirts went into near hibernation mode after the first quarter.

i doubt that's gonna happen this year. in fact, i think the nebraska is gonna really, REALLY put the wood to the bois this year just to excise the humiliation the husker had to put up with LAST YEAR.

why do i think this? dunno. but i think with what we've got this year, nebraska should master the big twelve north.

gut feeling. but that's just me.

Wow...6-6? Your review of each position would lead one to believe something a little better than that. 6-6? Really? Wow.

since this thread is CAN the Huskers win the Big 12, I guess it is also possible that NU will lose 6 games also.

Highly unlikely, but I guess everything is possible

I was a little suprised myself with the 6-6 thing. It was tough to put it out there. I'm not rooting to be right fellas. It's only August - it doesnt mean anything.

I understand. Your entire post seemed to contradict the final sentence though. That was my point. Well, you have your prediction and I hope you are way wrong. :thumbs

I'm predicting a season close to what we did last yr.

Hopefully though we win either the conf title or our bowl game. We lose both of them, the same sentiments that befell FS will start plaguing BC.

5 loss seasons just don't cut it around here for long. Injuries will be huge this yr and if we can show effective depth (especially on defense) if and when they do occur, we will be alright. I'm thinking a 4 or 5 loss season. Win a bowl game , we will be ranked and ppl all over will be saying we are making progress...

I am interested in your season predictions.

I predict we go 10-3 (not counting bowl game), but could very easily go 11-2. I predict we win the North. I think the season depends on our defense.

You read my mind exactly. Especially parts of the D.

Dont get me wrong, they could turn out to be a very salty D we just have to see how our D line pans out more than anything.

Asante is going to show us what a safety is supposed to do. The guy is very good and just a soph.

Our O should be stout.

All I can say is that I better be making the road trip to San Antonio in December!! I have no doubt we will. I like the scenario someone suggested that we beat USC, lose to texas and then we play OU in the Big XII Championship. I think this is a very realistic scenario, even if we choke a little somwhere along the road, which i hate to say.

All I can say is that I better be making the road trip to San Antonio in December!! I have no doubt we will. I like the scenario someone suggested that we beat USC, lose to texas and then we play OU in the Big XII Championship. I think this is a very realistic scenario, even if we choke a little somwhere along the road, which i hate to say.

That's really my main fear as well. It isn't that we'll botch the North––I doubt that will happen even at Mizzery––but we simply can NOT afford embarrassments like at Okie State. If we sweep the North and pull a nice with over Wake and Texas or SC (preferably SC), I think we'll have plenty of reason to hope that the Big XII crown will once again be ours.

:bonez And USC must be razed to the ground. :bonez