Can the Huskers win the Big 12?

Here is my run down from behind enemy lines in Austin....

Nevada - Closer than it should be early but we will win 38-17.

Wake Forest - Not even close 42-10

USC - First test, first loss 31-27

Ball State - Bounce back nicely, 54-3

Iowa State - 45-10, piece of cake

Missouri - Keller 5, Daniels 2...45-28

Okie State - 38-37 Adi saves the day

A&M - Old school smash mouth grinder, 27-20 Good guys

Texas - Could get ugly if passing game doesn't getting going early, my heart says 41-17, brain says 34-21 Evil Empire

Kansas - 63-10

Kansas State - 49-17, Freeman strikes early but not often

CU - 42-10, rest alot of starters 2nd half and prep for Big XII Championship

A&M - Aerial Assault 37-24....HUSKERS!!!

11-2! This would be a hell of a year, realistically I say, 9-4 Again! The 3 game stretch versus the south will be brutal, but Okie State and A&M's seasons could go south in a hurry in the early stages!!!

I think we can go from 2-6 losses this regular season, that October is going to wear the team out, I hope it doesn't get that bad but I just think we have too many questions. The worst case sceniaro would be losses to Wake, USC, ATM, Mizzou, Ok ST, TU. I doubt it gets that bad but you can never know

NU wins the Big 12 but loses BCS Bowl game

boo hiss on you!! :angry:

Come on, its August! Hell yeah we win and we win big.

nebraska CAN win every game this year, but they will not IMO, however, a win against USC would give the players a HUGE boost of confidence that might propell them into a undefeated season.

i went to the ASU/NU game in Tempe that launched ASU into an undefeated run to the Rose Bowl.

thats why you play the games

nebraska CAN win every game this year, but they will not IMO, however, a win against USC would give the players a HUGE boost of confidence that might propell them into a undefeated season.

i went to the ASU/NU game in Tempe that launched ASU into an undefeated run to the Rose Bowl.

That game gave me high blood pressure, and ultimately a hang over.

That game gave me high blood pressure, and ultimately a hang over.

i couldnt get drunk right after the game, i had to drive back home, 2 hours north and by the time i got there i was just ready to go to bed and pray it was a bad dream.

i got drunk the next day

I believe Nebraska can win the Big 12.

As several others have stated, our first 3 games will set the tone for the season. I think Nevada should be a fairly easy win. Although Nevada is no slouch I don't think they are a Husker caliber team, they fall by two touchdowns.

Wake Forest isn't as serious a threat as they would've been if the game was played last year. Their defense, which keyed their success, is largely depleted.

Then there is USC. A win against USC fuels an undefeated season, at least until the Big 12 CCG. If we lose badly, I see us struggling again vs the South teams. If we lose but keep it close I see us being competitive with anyone in the conference, but with the chance of the game going either way.

In any case I feel that we beat all the North teams, beat A&M away from home, Texas could go either way.

Just my opinion

I see no reason Nebraska can't win the Big XII. Starting with the North, I don't see any teams that I expect to be very much improved from last season. On the other hand, I expect Nebraska to be much improved. Over the past 4 years, Callahan has taken what was a weakness the year before and turned it into a strength. The first year we couldn't throw the ball, the next year we threw the ball well but couldn't run it, last year we threw and ran well, but didn't put teams away in the second half. I fully expect that issue to be resolved this year. I think the offense could be a juggernaut.

Defensively, NU did lose 4 studs along the defensive line, but fortunately, they're back to replacing All-Americans with freshman/future All-Americans. I firmly believe Turner will fill in for Moore without missing a beat. Suh is a beast and will have a breakout season, Steinkuhler has shown the ability to play every down and hold his own. Some wonder if Potter will be able to hold his ground in the Big XII - I say yes. He's got the physical tools, its only a matter of attitude for him.

They've finally got some depth and experience in the secondary and will be able to run more than just the basic 4-3 defense that handcuffed them last year.

So in short, I see Nebraska being improved on both sides of the ball, while the rest of the North will likely be more of the same. Mizzou's defense and running game are still suspect, KSU is a one man team, CU will likely start a freshman at quarterback, ISU has a new coach and KU still doesn't have a qb.

As for the South, OU may take a small step back. Their defense will be killer, but they need a qb and an established running back. Texas will probably be better than last year. McCoy will be a year better and they've always got studs on defense.

I'll be extremely disappointed if NU doesn't make it to the CCG. I think the team showed last year that its got the athletes to compete with Texas and OU. Its just a matter of playing their best football in the biggest games. Hopefully Nebraska's gotten to that point.

I would be very dissapointed if we didn't win the North at the very least.

I think will go 7-1 in conference play, more than likely that one loss at UT.

Everything else is up in the air.

Alot will depend on the consistency of the "O" and the effectiveness of the "D".

If they play to the level of their talent then a CC is very likely.