DT/FB Eddie Brown

***Update***

We all know how Brown has stated in the past that he would love to be an Aggie. Well there is a possibility it could happen afterall. It appears that DT committ Eric Harper could not enroll early to the Aggies like he wanted. So he is now looking towards Iowa State and USC. Although he hasn't ruled out enrolling at a later date, this could really hurt our chances to retain Brown. Cross your fingers! I would really hate to lose Brown. I think he is going to be a great one!

Ok, let me get this straight. The same Eric Harper who according to one poster was not good enough for us, dumped us for La Tech, became an Aggie commit and is now probably not going there and is considering Iowa State and the USC Trojans? So he is not good enough for us, but good enough for USC. Unless that means South Carolina, that doesn't make any sense.

That's the wild, wacky world of recruiting. Yes, it is Southern Cal.

He actually has a offer from USC now?? and is there really much to consider... USC or Iowa St!! lol

Iowa State of course!? :lol:

***Update***

We all know how Brown has stated in the past that he would love to be an Aggie. Well there is a possibility it could happen afterall. It appears that DT committ Eric Harper could not enroll early to the Aggies like he wanted. So he is now looking towards Iowa State and USC. Although he hasn't ruled out enrolling at a later date, this could really hurt our chances to retain Brown. Cross your fingers! I would really hate to lose Brown. I think he is going to be a great one!

Ok, let me get this straight. The same Eric Harper who according to one poster was not good enough for us, dumped us for La Tech, became an Aggie commit and is now probably not going there and is considering Iowa State and the USC Trojans? So he is not good enough for us, but good enough for USC. Unless that means South Carolina, that doesn't make any sense.

That's the wild, wacky world of recruiting. Yes, it is Southern Cal.

He actually has a offer from USC now?? and is there really much to consider... USC or Iowa St!! lol

That is exactly my response! Oh gee USC or Iowa St??!!! :sarcasm;)

It's the game, unfortunately. In his defense, it's been known all along the guy wanted to play for A&M and was waiting on the offer. He commmitted to NU when it looked like it wasn't happening, and when it did, he did what most expected him to do.

A&M is having trouble holding onto a couple of our own recruits like Kapron Lewis-Moore and Rod Davis. It sucks, but a "verbal" is basically worthless today, it seems.

It's the game, unfortunately. In his defense, it's been known all along the guy wanted to play for A&M and was waiting on the offer. He commmitted to NU when it looked like it wasn't happening, and when it did, he did what most expected him to do.

A&M is having trouble holding onto a couple of our own recruits like Kapron Lewis-Moore and Rod Davis. It sucks, but a "verbal" is basically worthless today, it seems.

Agreed, all a "verbal" seems to be anymore is a target. Puts people on the map that others might have missed. A&M hadn't pursued Brown, then when he commits to NU, A&M jumps on him. Don't blame him, this is where he wants to be, and I wish him the best (except in 2010 & 2011 haha). Verbals mean nothing anymore.

Most of us saw this one coming.....it would have been a great "get" for NU, but a lot of people on the board knew that as soon as A-M offered he was gone......not surprised.....disappointed yes, but mad...NO

The kid did what he HAD to do.....he couldn't set around with his fingers crossed as other schools filled their classes.....he needed to find a place to sign, if the Aggies didn't offer......this is just SMART recruiting tactics by a young man...... can't blame him.....if he didn't pull the trigger to NU or anywhere else, and AM doesn't call, then he gets left out of some great schools.....Good Luck to Eddie...