Huskers are 22.5 favorites on ISU

You guys need to look at who Iowa State has played, and lost to, so far and the quality of their defenses compared to Nebraska. I tell you no matter how bad the Blackshirts played last week they still have more talent than Toledo. Not knocking Toledo at all, just the quality of Nebraska's athletes is better. You also have to remember that although Iowa State did beat Iowa they did it by kicking 5 field goals, no TD's. I think Nebraska will be fine this week with few real problems. That big of a line however always makes me nervous, especially for a conference game.

I had started a thread yesterday on predicting the spread and over/under. No one had us with this big of spread last time I checked. Of course, we were under the hangover of a poor performance Saturday and Vegas is a long long away from Lincoln so no emotions.

Also remember, especially newbies to betting lines, Vegas generally doesn't care who wins by how many. They care about having the same amount of money put down on each team and then proclaim their books "balanced". They make their money on 5% of the total amount bet paid by the losing side in the 10% 'spit'.

If i were betting i would be loading up on ISU to cover. There is no way NU is going to put a conference opponent away by more than 23............Unless the 95' team somehow travels through time, comes in the locker room before the game and jerks all of the jerseys out of the pinkshirts hands and takes the field.

Meyer to Blythe. Just think, that killed us when both of them were freshman!!! Oddly enough neither of them have hardly improved since then, but it won't stop them from blowing up against us like every other QB/WR tandem does. I hope we can keep them in check. Meyer will obviously have all day to throw and can make something happen with his feet. Our offense better be clicking on Saturday.

If i were betting i would be loading up on ISU to cover. There is no way NU is going to put a conference opponent away by more than 23............Unless the 95' team somehow travels through time, comes in the locker room before the game and jerks all of the jerseys out of the pinkshirts hands and takes the field.

:yeah