PUD IS FIRED AND CALLY RESIGNING!!!!

Since everyone wants to really know what is going on here it is. I cannot reveal my sources but I have always stated that I have connections and my bitching was going to help. Here are the facts:

Peterson is fired

Tom Osborne is interim AD

Cally will resign within 2 weeks, probably after TX

They are trying to get Bo Pelini

Cook and Buffet said point blank money stops if changes aren't made.

THIS IS FROM THE SOURCE WHO WAS ACTUALLY IN THE MEETING!!!!

Cally also made this announcement to some of his staff and players.

Well I can dispute one of your statements. Cook is FURIOUS about Pud being fired.

Cook said on Sunday that he felt both Pederson and Husker coach Bill Callahan should be given at least one more year to see what they can do.

He said he’d still come to games, but the Huskers are off the will.

“I hope they find new donor,” Cook said. “They’re going to need to find a new donor. I’m off the roster. Somebody asked me what it’d take to drive me away? I said, ‘I don’t know.’ Well, I just found out what it took to drive me away.”

http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2007/1...b4738749044.txt

Shows how much of a moron he is...His decision to donate money is based on his friendship with the guy who ran our current football program into "mediocrity" and not the actual University.

So are Cooky's donations going to follow "The Pud" wherever he goes??? Good riddens!

By the way, since Cooky is a board member of TDAmeritrade and he's pulling his money, let's try for another donor from the same place...Ol' Petey Ricketts was SO quick to throw his cash to run for a senate seat, maybe he'll do the same for The U!!!

I'm pretty sure he's said the Cook thing was inaccurate, probably due to how he heard it. Also, it's been mentioned at least 4 times in this thread already.

So, the guy is right on 1 thing (Pederson is fired) and wrong on 1 thing (Cook pulling money).

Thank you. I did clarify my statement. I took my source saying that Cook "threatened to take his money away"

I assumed it meant if something wasn't changed. Who would have guessed Cook wanted Pud to stay????

It was my fault from making the assumption from the source BUT the source was accurate. I read into it and I clarified it in the chat room also, that the source told me "he said he would withhold money". I used this point when others asked if he was giving money to buy him out, my info was only that he was withholding money. I assumed wrong. My bad. The info was right my mind was wrong.

Thank you. I did clarify my statement. I took my source saying that Cook "threatened to take his money away"

I assumed it meant if something wasn't changed. Who would have guessed Cook wanted Pud to stay????

It was my fault from making the assumption from the source BUT the source was accurate. I read into it and I clarified it in the chat room also, that the source told me "he said he would withhold money". I used this point when others asked if he was giving money to buy him out, my info was only that he was withholding money. I assumed wrong. My bad. The info was right my mind was wrong.

No problem. It's easy to get these things confused. I was actually going to post in response right away but thought I'd read the entire thread in case someone else beat me to the punch. Turns out 2-3 people did but others were astute as well.

So the other confirmable is that Osborne will be "consulted" for help in the matter. No word on whether he's officially named Interim AD, right?

I hope we keep Watson as well but he is a coordinator for a west coast style offense and Pelini said that he would want to run a mix of run and pass with an emphasis on the power running game so I doubt if pelini would even keep him. I also hope that we keep Wyatt and Bush too, Wyatt is the only one who seems to be excited to be here and Busch is a damn good recruiter. This would result in us losing Gabbert and him going to Mizzou probably but with Pelini coming I dont think we have to worry about losing any defensive commits. This is if Pelini comes here of course, and this is fact.

Just so everyone understands, the west coast offense is a run first based offense. We at Nebraska never saw what the WCO is supposed to look like. Watch Mike Shannahan and the Denver Broncos sometime. They run the WCO and they have been at the top of the NFL in rushing for the last 10 years. Bo Pelini might want a little more of a fullback power driven running game, but Watson could incorporate that into his style of offense.

No problem. It's easy to get these things confused. I was actually going to post in response right away but thought I'd read the entire thread in case someone else beat me to the punch. Turns out 2-3 people did but others were astute as well.

So the other confirmable is that Osborne will be "consulted" for help in the matter. No word on whether he's officially named Interim AD, right?

Correct. Osborne was formally offered the job and he is willing to consult on some issues but he DOES NOT want to be AD and they are trying a very interim idea. Nothing with formal interim AD but it looks like a possible 2 headed system for now. Osborne is still talking about specifics right now.

Cally is officially gone for next year and will not likely be here all the way through unless he doesn't embarrass himself. That is the key. COZ is gone also.

Correct. Osborne was formally offered the job and he is willing to consult on some issues but he DOES NOT want to be AD and they are trying a very interim idea. Nothing with formal interim AD but it looks like a possible 2 headed system for now. Osborne is still talking about specifics right now.

Cally is officially gone for next year and will not likely be here all the way through unless he doesn't embarrass himself. That is the key. COZ is gone also.

I always wanted some justice for the way Pederson let Solich go, looks like it finally happened. I think it's quite a stretch that Pelini would be interested, but I think he could be a good fit. Who knows, mabe Gill?

Since everyone wants to really know what is going on here it is. I cannot reveal my sources but I have always stated that I have connections and my bitching was going to help. Here are the facts:

Peterson is fired

Tom Osborne is interim AD

Cally will resign within 2 weeks, probably after TX

They are trying to get Bo Pelini

Cook and Buffet said point blank money stops if changes aren't made.

THIS IS FROM THE SOURCE WHO WAS ACTUALLY IN THE MEETING!!!!

Cally also made this announcement to some of his staff and players.

This is why I come here! Thanks brother for the insider heads up! :clap

So I have a question you all might be able to answer. If Perlman knew there was questions with Puds leadership and no one likeing him in Aug/Sept then why extend the idiots contract?? Doesnt make sense if you might have issues to make them worse to cost the U more money..

EXACTLY WHAT I THOUGHT WHEN I HEARD HIM SAY THAT!!!!! Thought maybe I was the only one who caught it. EXCELLENT QUESTION THAT NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED!!

So I have a question you all might be able to answer. If Perlman knew there was questions with Puds leadership and no one likeing him in Aug/Sept then why extend the idiots contract?? Doesnt make sense if you might have issues to make them worse to cost the U more money..

EXACTLY WHAT I THOUGHT WHEN I HEARD HIM SAY THAT!!!!! Thought maybe I was the only one who caught it. EXCELLENT QUESTION THAT NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED!!

I must have read that the wrong way...I took it to mean Pederson did things in Aug/Sept that were really sketchy.

I am a johnny come lately to this discussion. Sorry if I am treading on ground already covered.

My picks:

A.D.: Tom Osborne (since retiring from the US Congress, he needs something to do)

Head Coach: Bo Pelini. Passed over for the likes of Houston Nutt and Bill Callahan, He ends up coaching the #1 defense in the nation at LSU. (until KY) Go figure.

D-Coordinator: I know, we ran him out of town on a rail, but...Craig Bohl. Dumped by Solich, now head coach at the nation's #2 school in his division, AFTER moving up 2 divisions and ineligible to win the national championship in the present one. They have just sold 500 standing room only season tickets at N. Dakota St. thanks to him.

Offensive Coordinator: Turner Gill, head coach at Buffalo, who is successfully turning the worst program in college football around.

Assistant head coach: Ron Brown. Turned down several pro coaching jobs to stay here in Nebraska because "his ministry here is not over". (One of the best preachers you'll ever hear.)

Head Chaplain: I nominate me :<)

Lincoln looks like Dearborn, MI when it was announced that Hussein was captured.

I am a johnny come lately to this discussion. Sorry if I am treading on ground already covered.

My picks:

A.D.: Tom Osborne (since retiring from the US Congress, he needs something to do)

Head Coach: Bo Pelini. Passed over for the likes of Houston Nutt and Bill Callahan, He ends up coaching the #1 defense in the nation at LSU. (until KY) Go figure.

D-Coordinator: I know, we ran him out of town on a rail, but...Craig Bohl. Dumped by Solich, now head coach at the nation's #2 school in his division, AFTER moving up 2 divisions and ineligible to win the national championship in the present one. They have just sold 500 standing room only season tickets at N. Dakota St. thanks to him.

Offensive Coordinator: Turner Gill, head coach at Buffalo, who is successfully turning the worst program in college football around.

Assistant head coach: Ron Brown. Turned down several pro coaching jobs to stay here in Nebraska because "his ministry here is not over". (One of the best preachers you'll ever hear.)

Head Chaplain: I nominate me :<)

Lincoln looks like Dearborn, MI when it was announced that Hussein was captured.

ND state isn't #2 anymore! Go Mavs!