The Best College Football Fans in America?

erastol

I had a bad feeling people would start to resort to this. Really sad people. How about all of us normal sane fans start kicking the sh#t out of people who pull this kind of bull crap? Seriously, be upset that we aren't good, but screaming at the players about how they suck? Jeese.

I don't think what these players are realizing is that they're being booed and critizied for their lack of heart, fire or whatever you wanna call it. This team should not be in the position it's in with the talent the Huskers have. That's what the fans are PO'd about.

I still don't think it's the players. If the coach doesn't show heart and fire how are the players? They would have to be self motivators and not listen to the people who they look to, to guide them. I will not, ever, nor have I ever boo'd the players. I couldn't do any better and even tho they are in there early 20's they are still kids and still need guidance. You don't see a 25 yr old graduating college and becoming a CEO, how are they supposed to become coaches, which is what they would have to be in order they, themselves to turn it around. My opinion only.

As fans we have to understand this negative method does not work. It doesn't work for my kids and why would I expect them to be different. Kicking them why they are down will not motivate these kids to do better. We just have to stop the madness and help pick this team up and get through the year. The kids understand you cannot be successful using the current coaching schemes. They donot believe in running the defenses Coz has picked either. They can see they don't work and are probably tired of beating their heads against the wall. Yes it is painful to watch but it is what it is. Accept it and let's work on getting it back on track. As a recruit would you want to play for fans like this???

If I see someone at the game actually go down to the edge of the sidelines to tell these guys they suck I might actually punch one of them! It's ridiculous and the biggest problem right now lies with the coaching staff. I realize these kids aren't playing with fire, but how can they with this coaching staff???

:lame

What, exactly, do these players expect? Do they expect "the greatest fans in America" to eat this poo pie and continue to smile and clap and cheer? How completely unrealistic is that?

Sure, I'm as angered as most by the idiots who tell the players to take the N off their helmets, or who say "you suck" to a guy who's just gotten beat up in a game for 60 minutes. That kind of "fan" needs to go away, no question. But at the same time, there is a legitimate amount of frustration being displayed by fans, and I don't have any qualms about anyone who boos the lack of effort and heart that we see displayed on a weekly basis lately.

We are knowledgeable fans, and we know excellence. We have a reasonable right to expect that any kid who puts that helmet on will play to the fullest extent of their ability. When we see loafing, lolly-gagging, and outright indifference out there, I think it's only natural to react negatively.

I am completely against the notion that being one of the "best fans in college football" means I never, ever get to criticize this team.

:rant None of the athletes signed up for that kind of ridicule. It is pathetic for a fan to say that. Anyone that would resort to this tactic is not a true Husker fan at all. The sooner (pun intended) they jump ship to another team the better Husker Nation will be. No matter what the outcome these young men and women in every sport deserve our support win or lose.

If we can clap for an opposing team walking off the field after we crushed them, then we sure as hell should be able to cheer our team no matter what the outcome.

Just think of what kind of impression that crap has on a potential recruit. Does it help? Hell, no!

If we are the best fans in college football, then let's make these clowns understand that their behavior isn't acceptable and show them what being a Husker fan is all about! :rant

SUPERBUNNY

Several games this season, the team has played very very flat. However, it sounded like they were playing with some fire and emotion against A&M. From what I could determine, the A&M game was more about poor scheme than fire and desire by the players. It does somewhat bother me that Purify is kind of calling out the fans when he's the one that pulled one dumb ass attack after another in the offseason.

:lame

What, exactly, do these players expect? Do they expect "the greatest fans in America" to eat this poo pie and continue to smile and clap and cheer? How completely unrealistic is that?

Sure, I'm as angered as most by the idiots who tell the players to take the N off their helmets, or who say "you suck" to a guy who's just gotten beat up in a game for 60 minutes. That kind of "fan" needs to go away, no question. But at the same time, there is a legitimate amount of frustration being displayed by fans, and I don't have any qualms about anyone who boos the lack of effort and heart that we see displayed on a weekly basis lately.

We are knowledgeable fans, and we know excellence. We have a reasonable right to expect that any kid who puts that helmet on will play to the fullest extent of their ability. When we see loafing, lolly-gagging, and outright indifference out there, I think it's only natural to react negatively.

I am completely against the notion that being one of the "best fans in college football" means I never, ever get to criticize this team.

I do agree to an extent. I dont agree with the booing, but with them playing THAT BAD, some people are going to get upset. I mean they DO SUCK. they are bad. from what I heard(I wasn't at the game) most of the fans cheered for them, even though they lost to a team the had no business losing to, and had underachieved for the 6th game in a row.

people have to remember "the best" does not equal "perfect" people are going to be upset....esp if they are drinking

I sometimes feel that these players have gotten a little too comfortable knowing in the back of their minds that husker fans are supposed to be "the best fans in college football." They seem to think that however poorly they play, we should still root for them in the same manner as if they were undefeated. They have never had to deal with criticism from the fans and I guarantee if they were playing at any other university they would have been receiving far more criticism than they have in the past and are now receiving. Now they are getting the criticism here and they start to cry......sad.

These guys still don't get it. Play hard or don't play at all. If you want to whine about the fans and make excuses about distractions, then there are a thousand other kids in this country that would like to suit up in your place.

There's no reason for a fan to call out players when they are on the sidelines, but Mo, Bowman, McKeon, and Octavien need to realize that what happens on the field is ultimately in their control. They're lucky anybody is showing up with the laughable efforts that they've been giving every week. If they want to vent frustration, why not hit somebody and put a little bit of fear into the opposition for once?

Furthermore, why don't the coaches do the talking? They're 40 year old men!!!! Quit putting frustrated kids in front of the mic.

And how about we throw Mo the ball a little bit more, because his play on the field always speaks much better for him than his mouth does.

I remember here in Omaha after whatever game this year, on the Todd & Tyler show, they said that Nebraska Fans are "No longer the best fans in the country". They explained that the Husker fans boo their team just like the rest of the fans of the country.

Granted some of us might fold our arms during a game and we want to see changes, but I don't think most true Husker fans would boo the team out of Memorial Stadium. Win or lose I imagine all of the fans on this board would stay till the final gun. I am a Cornhusker Fan who bleeds Scarlet Red. I remember getting tickets to the Colorado game the year after the 62-36 loss. When was that? I am thinking 2002.

Anyhow, Jamal Lord and co were having an off game and there were some fans booing. Some of us explained to the booing fans, that #1 we're on ABC and will be showing negativity on the air, and #2 if you're a true Husker fan say nothing instead of booing.

At the end of the game, a couple Colorado fans came up to the section of the stadium I was in and explained to us that it's fans like us that make the Big XII proud. They went on to say that there are some Buffalo fans that give Colorado fans a bad name and to please do everything we can to make sure that Nebraska Fans don't let a few bad fans effect the image of the fans as a whole.