The Search is Over!

Or it could be that Pelini blew this interview as he has blown others before. Overconfidence can kill you in an interview. And after the interview TO and HP decided to go onto Atlanta and see what the search firm had found.

:bonez

Just a thought in view of the fact that the NU job isn't the only one out there.

:dunno

It could be that Bo said No thanks. After all, Miles appears to be headed back to Michigan and with Bo's rep in Baton Rouge, he may already be a shoo in for that HC job, especially if they take the SEC championship and their bowl game.

We need spies to get out in Lincoln to confirm or deny the validity of the info I just received. Turner Gill is in Lincoln.

(I am skeptical, will not reveal my source, and wish to remind you all - - this is a RUMOR board)

I'm in Lincoln right now and I don't see him. Of course, I don't see much at all besides the walls of my cube, so you never know.

I'm going to Starbucks right now. I'll let you know if he's there...

A huge factor in the successfulness of a particular coach is the staff he surrounds himself with. Are they compatible, capable and in-tune with the head coach and their fellow assistants. That was the key to Osbornes's success. The Solich thing may have turned out differently had he been allowed to pick his staff to begin with. While his staff was successful under Osborne, things changed under Solich. Once Solich made staff changes you could see that maybe things were starting to turnaround, but he wasn't given the time to see it through. We'll never know how Solich's new staff would have done.

Touche, salesman.

I could imagine the outcry and outrage if Solich allowed and did fire everyone on the 97 staff in order to put his own staff together. Let's just say some people on here would have been calling for his head that year after his first loss.

I don't remember anyone calling for his firing until after the 2002 Colorado game so to make it like Solich was an terrible hire is to have unrealistic expectations of a team having to win 10-2 every year.

Or it could be that Pelini blew this interview as he has blown others before. Overconfidence can kill you in an interview. And after the interview TO and HP decided to go onto Atlanta and see what the search firm had found.

Just a thought in view of the fact that the NU job isn't the only one out there.

It could be that Bo said No thanks. After all, Miles appears to be headed back to Michigan and with Bo's rep in Baton Rouge, he may already be a shoo in for that HC job, especially if they take the SEC championship and their bowl game.

If Pelini turned down the NU job, it wasn't to become the LSU HC. As someone else just stated, LSU fans are very unhappy with him and there's speculation that he could even be fired if NU doesn't hire hiim. That's an encouraging thought, eh?

If Pelini turned down the NU job, it wasn't to become the LSU HC. As someone else just stated, LSU fans are very unhappy with him and there's speculation that he could even be fired if NU doesn't hire hiim. That's an encouraging thought, eh?

Why because FANS think that he will be fired?

We need spies to get out in Lincoln to confirm or deny the validity of the info I just received. Turner Gill is in Lincoln.

(I am skeptical, will not reveal my source, and wish to remind you all - - this is a RUMOR board)

I'm in Lincoln right now and I don't see him. Of course, I don't see much at all besides the walls of my cube, so you never know.

I'm going to Starbucks right now. I'll let you know if he's there...

You might want to check the cable company. Their line can take forever.