Our new offensive coordinator

I think we should change up our offense to more of a spread option act. So we might need to look at a team that runs that to get our OC.

Before the CU game, the Huskers switched to a variation of the spread and that worked out pretty well. I think Watson could handle the transition.

Who should it be? this is a crucial decision. Bo knows defense, for sure. but we need a strong OC.

Callahan screwed up by not hiring the best man for DC, Pelini. Crazy but maybe Bo should offer Cally the OC job. He won't take it, but it would show team matters most. Move Callahan off the sidelines into the booth. Sean might do OK off the radio.

I obviously don't know but I think TO likes Watson and BO has agreed to give it a shot. In the presser Bo said the O wasn't the problem and they'd just change a few things from the way they were doing them before. That says to me that Watson is going to be running the WCO with spread-option elements that TO and BO will dig.

Personally, I'm meh on Watson. The majority of his O's at CU were nothing special but Tedford wanted him at Cal and TO seems to like him so hopefully there is something here I don't see. That he has learned the WCO under a guy that knows it quite well, he knows the players, and he knows the recruits obviously all help his case.

I think they are looking to keep what has worked under BC and fix what was broken.

Moving to Rumorville.

this sounds like a solid Husker Football topic to me. Not that it matters, but this is one of the FEW threads lately that probably sounds like a Husker Football topic...

...that is, until someone reports they saw Turner Gill's (or anybody's) dog's collar found in Lincoln ;)

Why not try to get Dennis Franchione as the OC? He is an option guy. He understands ball control. Texas A&M had their struggles this year, but his offense typically eats up clock and has the ability to run for 250 and throw for 200. With Coach Pellini running the defense and Coach Fran being able to focus solely on the offensive side of the game - this would be a winning combination for a long time.

Just a thought!

Moving to Rumorville.

this sounds like a solid Husker Football topic to me. Not that it matters, but this is one of the FEW threads lately that probably sounds like a Husker Football topic...

...that is, until someone reports they saw Turner Gill's (or anybody's) dog's collar found in Lincoln ;)

Why not try to get Dennis Franchione as the OC? He is an option guy. He understands ball control. Texas A&M had their struggles this year, but his offense typically eats up clock and has the ability to run for 250 and throw for 200. With Coach Pellini running the defense and Coach Fran being able to focus solely on the offensive side of the game - this would be a winning combination for a long time.

Just a thought!

and then we can sell info about our players to cook and hawk...i'll pass...

Barney Cotton's name is being thrown around out there. What capacity would he come back in? O Line?

Depends on the scheme/type of offense Bo wants to run. Does Barney have any experience in coaching the spread O? Even at coaching OL in this type of offense? I would think that they would retain Watson though. It did sound like Wags was trying to hold onto his job during the last Big Red Breakfest.

Wags had it right. When the Husker only run the ball 11 times when it's 3rd and 3, that's a problem. Whoever the OC is, they better get the OL fixed and fast. Sure, we can score LOTS of points against mediocre teams but when you come up to the big leagues, OL blocking this past season just didn't cut it.