Don't understand the either/or scenario of TO vs. BO in fundamental control of the program. IMO very successful transitions of any type of closely held organization can be best served when the new guard works for a period of time with the old... just plainly ignoring the BC years, I see this as a very healthy way for both new and old to ensure the bottom line; making the program better.

This strategy didn't work so well when Solich got the job. It definitely hindered him. Frank never wanted Bohl as DC and I have doubts about Barnes. TO should've learned a lesson from this.

Grobe is known for keeping his staff with him, telling him who to hire ended any shot at him. Would probably hurt hiring other guys like Kelly too.

Under those hiring-conditions it was down to Bo, Gill, or some non big-name guy who would do about anything for a shot at a major school.

I like the staff we are putting together(seems like a stand-out crew as long as Watson works-out) but I'll always wonder what would've happened if we just hired the most proven guy and trusted him to hire as he saw fit with maybe a provision of hiring a one or two coaches from the current staff or previous staffs.

Frank is the one that made Bohl his DC not Osborne. Charlie McBride was there for another two years after T.O. left.

I really wish they figure out a way to get Turner Gill on the staff. But it might cause more problems than it solves. He is a good man and he must feel a little betrayed right now.

Well has Watson been "officially' announced as OC? He could be QB coach as far as we know. I think theres a reason the OC and DC haven't been "officially" announced " :)

Scott

Whatever Dude...

What the hell world were you living in? Pelini is no more FAMILY than Callahan was. 1, ONE, year does not make one family my friend.

We'll see how he does. I think he will do well. He has a lot of talent to work with, thanks to Coach Callahan and staff, don't forget that.

The team just needed a motivator on defense and I think Coach Pelini may be that guy.

Hey a-hole who said he was family. I was talking about T.O. and some of the long time assistants that got gutted in 03 after an AWFUL 10-3 campaign.

I'll take my 10-3 and an occasional shot at the title thank you very much.

first of all DO NOT CALL ME A-HOLE, EVER. Second of all that was '03 AND THEY WERE BLOW OUT LOSES. this is '07. 3RD OF ALL DO NOT CALL ME A-HOLE.

VERY UNCULTURED AND I AM A GIRL BUD.

and you most certainly need to get over yourself.

relax francis......quit being an a-hole ;):lol::lol::rollin:rollin:sarcasm

HAHAHA! that's hilarious I used that same expression to respond to another post......"Stripes" reference and I think it was "lighten up Francis" :)

Scott

HAHAHA! that's hilarious I used that same expression to respond to another post......"Stripes" reference and I think it was "lighten up Francis" :)

Scott

And I almost used it about a week ago in a different thread, but thought nobody would get the reference so I didn't. Looks like I should have.

Scott

And I almost used it about a week ago in a different thread, but thought nobody would get the reference so I didn't. Looks like I should have.

Well its not like this is www.tigerpoop.com we do have intelligence and a sense of humor over here :)

Well, with the now "confirmed" report that Pelini will be coaching LSU in it's NC game, I think that TO's seemingly over-involvement may be warranted. He may be taking on an assistant HC role, until Pelini is back from LSU.

If Pelini is going to coach LSU in the NC game, he will probably be gone from NU from the 17th through the first week in January, nearly a month. So, I would guess that TO will have to have a lot more involvement if Pelini will be down south for that much time.

Seems to make sense.

I think the portion about Grobe is presented in a funny context. Chiefly, the word "scuttlebutt" is used. scuttlebutt means rumor. In that clip it is presented as fact.

Agree, and I think Grobe's salary requirements were a bigger problem than the fact that he wanted his own staff. Of course it can be spun however the two parties want...

This offer is much bigger than one kid, it is about sending a message to every kid in Nebraska. BTW I hope this kid does not read Husker Boards. It looks like the fans don't want him and that could be crushing to a teenager.

What kid are you talking about?

He's referring to the kid (Micah Kreikemeier) from West Point Ne. Although I have no idea where he got that Husker fans didn't want the kid here?!! Although it's great to hire instate but we ALSO have the "walk-on program". I just hope we don't go offering schollies to every Nebraska Red Blood out there!

Blackshirtguru, you are correct I was referring to Micah. Sorry I was not specific in my post. I have noticed other posts questioning Coach Tom's ability to offer Scholarships. I have also noticed a few other posts that questioned why this kid was offered a scholli and not asked to walk on. Of course these are two seperate issues and I should have responded accordingly. Go Huskers!!!

I really wish they figure out a way to get Turner Gill on the staff. But it might cause more problems than it solves. He is a good man and he must feel a little betrayed right now.

Why does this always come up? Does anyone besides Dr. Tom & Coach Gill know what happened in that interview? Did Coach Gill get passed over or did he walk away from the job?

Maybe, during the interview it was decided the state of the Nebraska program wasn't what Coach Gill wanted to take on and he stay in Buffalo a few more years. Only 2 people know for sure.

IMO, the boosters are the ones that put these stipulations on the new HC. I believe many of them are seeing the errors of their way from 4 years ago come back and bite them in the a$$. They brought TO back in as AD to do nothing more than correct a wrong of 4 years ago. The boosters wanted Clownahan gone, and they wanted Pud gone. There may not be anything to this, but this is what I believe. I mean seriously, IBR was getting his info. from a booster. A lot of what he said came to be. This smells of booster interferance to me.