Worst Losses of the Year

Fox Sports

10. Kansas 76, Nebraska 39; Nov. 3: Nebraska's season was already pretty much in the tubes by the time these two squads squared off, but the nation really took notice after this one. Nebraska, winner of 36 straight games against Kansas entering the noon showdown in Lawrence, was exposed and exploited by its long-time punching bags. The fifth straight loss for the Huskers, it was the nadir for Nebraska football. As I wrote then, on November 3rd, "After 76-39, it's time to put an end to the Bill Callahan era. Dig that grave and start stenciling in that tombstone." A month later, it's already been buried.

Fox Sports

10. Kansas 76, Nebraska 39; Nov. 3: Nebraska's season was already pretty much in the tubes by the time these two squads squared off, but the nation really took notice after this one. Nebraska, winner of 36 straight games against Kansas entering the noon showdown in Lawrence, was exposed and exploited by its long-time punching bags. The fifth straight loss for the Huskers, it was the nadir for Nebraska football. As I wrote then, on November 3rd, "After 76-39, it's time to put an end to the Bill Callahan era. Dig that grave and start stenciling in that tombstone." A month later, it's already been buried.

We've played - and beaten - Kansas 36 times since 2005?

Who knew? :moreinteresting

Fox Sports

A very painful day. Glad it's behind us and man who orchestrated that is gone.

No doubt that game sucked. I would include it in the top 10, but would move it up a few spots higher. That was the game that clinched the demise of Callahan (per Osborne). He knew going in that he needed to win. And KU dropped 76, but could have gotten 90.

8. Oregon St over Cal? That's what happens when you are ranked high during the pre-season and clearly overrated in the first place.

1. Western Mich over Iowa? Should be further down, below Appalachian State, Stanford, and La-Monroe.

No doubt that game sucked. I would include it in the top 10, but would move it up a few spots higher. That was the game that clinched the demise of Callahan (per Osborne). He knew going in that he needed to win. And KU dropped 76, but could have gotten 90.

8. Oregon St over Cal? That's what happens when you are ranked high during the pre-season and clearly overrated in the first place.

1. Western Mich over Iowa? Should be further down, below Appalachian State, Stanford, and La-Monroe.

Yeah, Stanford was the biggest upset (based on the spread) in history... App. State over Michigan was the most humiliating of all time... ever.

At least KU is ranked in the top 10 and going to a BCS bowl. IMO, the worst loss of the season was at the hands of Okie State. We were at home, it was homecoming, and we were getting throttled 38-0 at halftime. IMO, this was by far the worst loss of the season.

I agree completely. At least we showed signs of life in the KU game. I've never seen a Husker team quit like I did against Ok. State. I don't usually get upset if we lose, but it made me physicially ill to watch that debacle.

1. Western Michigan 28, Iowa 19; Nov. 17

I would have to say this wasn't the worst loss of the year...it was the BEST loss of the year. I laughed my ass off all the next week! I was really tired of listening to idiot Hawkeye fans (being an idiot is a prerequisite for becoming a Hawkeye fan by the way) saying stuff like "Man...the Huskers suck!" and "Hey Husker Fan, what bowl game are you going to this year?" Now, all I have to do is say..."Uh...Western Michigan?" and they all shut up instantly.

Iowa fans are the lowest form of pond scum on the face of the earth...not to mention the most ignorant. They're probably celebrating over in Iowa City right now because their football team is ranked #1 in the country for something...no matter what it was.