DE John Youboty

Other boards are saying that NU hasn't extended an offer to Youboty. And that he very much liked his Louisville visit. So I expect that he's headed elsewhere.

Perhaps we only had a spot or 2 D lineman, and he needed to commit last weekend if he wanted to come to NU?

Is Bo purposely taking a smaller class this year so he'll have some extra for next year for JC transfers and early enrollees?

Other boards are saying that NU hasn't extended an offer to Youboty. And that he very much liked his Louisville visit. So I expect that he's headed elsewhere.

Perhaps we only had a spot or 2 D lineman, and he needed to commit last weekend if he wanted to come to NU?

Is Bo purposely taking a smaller class this year so he'll have some extra for next year for JC transfers and early enrollees?

I was always under the impression that there was a set number of scholarships available per year, and that it didn't matter if you had roll-over from the year before. I could be wrong though.

I was always under the impression that there was a set number of scholarships available per year, and that it didn't matter if you had roll-over from the year before. I could be wrong though.

No. You have a certain number of scholarships that you can use total. Most programs try to use about 25 a year so that they will never have huge classes of important players all leaving at once. If you use 28 this year, you may only use 22 next year...for example

i've heard otherwise. In addition to the 85 limit, you can't give out more than 25 in a class.

You can bring more kids onto campus, but you have to get creative - like a grey shirt or spring enrollee. Technically these count towards another class.

Nebraska has 27 to use this year. They moved 2 into last year's class.