DE John Youboty

Other boards are saying that NU hasn't extended an offer to Youboty. And that he very much liked his Louisville visit. So I expect that he's headed elsewhere.

scout has him as having an offer on his profile(free)

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p...amp;nid=3114105

That's true, but others are saying scout is wrong. I'm just relaying what I've read, so take it for what it's worth.

Other boards are saying that NU hasn't extended an offer to Youboty. And that he very much liked his Louisville visit. So I expect that he's headed elsewhere.

scout has him as having an offer on his profile(free)

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p...amp;nid=3114105

That's true, but others are saying scout is wrong. I'm just relaying what I've read, so take it for what it's worth.

I highly doubt they would have wasted their time by bringing in a recruit that they had no intention of recruiting.

I highly doubt they would have wasted their time by bringing in a recruit that they had no intention of recruiting.

He could be a backup plan, much like Eddie Brown was for A&M. Or the staff might have decided not offer after meeting him, or after Williams firmed up his commitment, etc. There are a lot of possibilities.

First off, Bo has stated he doesn't want to rely on JUCO guys so Ohio Pete your theory is off.

Second of all a school has to be under 86 scholarships, it doesn't matter the size of the recuirting class, Bo could give some of the walk-ons from last year a scholly instead of a new recuirt.

And at last they Redsteel they do pay for kids for officials but they might just be wanted as a walk-on they don't have to have a scholly.

First off, Bo has stated he doesn't want to rely on JUCO guys so Ohio Pete your theory is off.

Second of all a school has to be under 86 scholarships, it doesn't matter the size of the recuirting class, Bo could give some of the walk-ons from last year a scholly instead of a new recuirt.

And at last they Redsteel they do pay for kids for officials but they might just be wanted as a walk-on they don't have to have a scholly.

Actually MadcatNU and Pimpzilla were dead on. 85 allowed in total, no more than 25 per year. See the quoted text below from the NCAA official site.

http://www2.ncaa.org/portal/academics_and_..._penalties.html

"Football Bowl Subdivision Football

In Football Bowl Subdivision football, teams may provide scholarships to not more than 85 student-athletes, with up to 25 scholarships awarded to incoming student-athletes (e.g., freshmen, transfers, first-time aid recipients). For Football Bowl Subdivision teams subject to immediate scholarship penalties, the first three penalized scholarships will be charged against both the initial-counter and overall team-counter limits, with remaining penalties (if applicable) countable against the overall team maximum."

Perhaps we only had a spot or 2 D lineman, and he needed to commit last weekend if he wanted to come to NU?

Is Bo purposely taking a smaller class this year so he'll have some extra for next year for JC transfers and early enrollees?

I was always under the impression that there was a set number of scholarships available per year, and that it didn't matter if you had roll-over from the year before. I could be wrong though.

No. You have a certain number of scholarships that you can use total. Most programs try to use about 25 a year so that they will never have huge classes of important players all leaving at once. If you use 28 this year, you may only use 22 next year...for example

You can only use 25 per class no matter how many scholarships you have to give. For example, you could only have 55 scholarships players, which would mean you have 30 available scholarships. If you do not have any early enrollees, you can only fill 25 of those spots in that class.

If you have early enrollees, you can count them towards the previous class granted you have available slots left towards that previous class.

You can also take chances on NQ's. Sometimes schools will over sign players and place them at JUCOs or prep schools. Other times, schools will just genuinely screwup and have more players than they have scholarships for that year and be forced to tell a recruit/player to take a hike.

Actually MadcatNU and Pimpzilla were dead on. 85 allowed in total, no more than 25 per year. See the quoted text below from the NCAA official site.

http://www2.ncaa.org/portal/academics_and_..._penalties.html

"Football Bowl Subdivision Football

In Football Bowl Subdivision football, teams may provide scholarships to not more than 85 student-athletes, with up to 25 scholarships awarded to incoming student-athletes (e.g., freshmen, transfers, first-time aid recipients). For Football Bowl Subdivision teams subject to immediate scholarship penalties, the first three penalized scholarships will be charged against both the initial-counter and overall team-counter limits, with remaining penalties (if applicable) countable against the overall team maximum."

if we havent offered yet I hope we do soon!! as much attention as this kid has gotten from other school he must be a decent player.

You guys REALLY need to stop focusing on Youboty. It just ain't happening. As I said before, he isn't a top priority for the staff.

not a priority?

NOT A PRIORITY?!

have you ever said his name out loud?

youboty.

YOUBOTY.

Y O U B O T Y ! ! !

this kid deserves a scholarship for his name alone!