Texas QB eyeing Nebraska

FYI he ran for 440 yards and 11 TD's, and passed for 2300 yards and 23 TD's....completing 62% of his passes during his senior year

Stats are way better than Gabbert's...

I'm not saying Gabbert sucks or this guy is gonna be awesome, but I think you have more of an idea what you are getting with this kid because he has actually produced results on the field.

FYI he ran for 440 yards and 11 TD's, and passed for 2300 yards and 23 TD's....completing 62% of his passes during his senior year

I'm not saying Gabbert sucks or this guy is gonna be awesome, but I think you have more of an idea what you are getting with this kid because he has actually produced results on the field.

:yeah

Kody is visiting on January 4th and still has his mind completely set on enrolling for the spring semester so time will be a factor and the decision will come VERY quick to where he goes because I don't know the exact date, but I'm sure you have to enroll at the latest by January 10-15th

I fully expect him to be N after his visit because I think his only other option he's really considering is going to OSU in the fall and he really wants to be somewhere in the spring.

The only thing I hope is that if he comes here that he really wants be here and not just gonna want to transfer, but how wouldn't you like Lincoln and our program :)

Yeah and the competition down in Texas is much tougher then in Missouri

Kody is visiting on January 4th and still has his mind completely set on enrolling for the spring semester so time will be a factor and the decision will come VERY quick to where he goes because I don't know the exact date, but I'm sure you have to enroll at the latest by January 10-15th

I fully expect him to be N after his visit because I think his only other option he's really considering is going to OSU in the fall and he really wants to be somewhere in the spring.

The only thing I hope is that if he comes here that he really wants be here and not just gonna want to transfer, but how wouldn't you like Lincoln and our program :)

Man, I hope he commits. I love his stats and the fact that he is really ready to get going at whatever school he chooses. :thumbs

After reading an interview with his dad this guy will be N... saying we're also considering TCU and Tulsa, but right now "Nebraska is awesome". They love the new staff and the Christian influence of Ron Brown, Tom Osborne, and Barney Cotton.

Also he has to commit within the next 2 weeks somewhere and we're his only visit set up which is next Friday.

naw, if he comes he will stay and earn a spot........Texas qb's with stats are for real. no tougher place to play high school ball and no place more competitive than Texas! come on up to NU Kody!

So if he commits, does that mean Renfree won't? Is it good to have both of them commit or are we just trying to get one more since that Ebke kid walked on? Would we pull the offer to Renfree?

I wouldn't mind having both of them of here, but I don't think that would happen. Spano does look more talented, so regardless, this is very exciting.

So if he commits, does that mean Renfree won't? Is it good to have both of them commit or are we just trying to get one more since that Ebke kid walked on? Would we pull the offer to Renfree?

I wouldn't mind having both of them of here, but I don't think that would happen. Spano does look more talented, so regardless, this is very exciting.

I seriously doubt we pull an offer from a kid, we're not KSU. And last I heard, Renfree was really high on Duke and the coaches there.

Just a follow up. Kody is REAL excited about his upcoming visit to UNL. Cody's dad who is also a coach is really impressed with the coaching staff at UNL. Especially Dr Tom and Ron Brown and what they have done with the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. Barring any set backs after Jan 4th, I would bet the farm and say this kid will be N!

Pssst....The Spread Option is something that Coach Watson is discussing with the offensive recruits! :woo I sure do miss any form of option so I would love to see it brought back to Lincoln!