Weight: 280 lbs.

40 time: 4.86

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Florida, Nebraska, Oklahoma State,Texas A&M, Notre Dame

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star:star:star

Big Red Report: :star:star:star:star

Assessing the talent: This 5 Star out of Lufkin, TX is currently #2 on the Rivals 100 for 2008.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: He has Nebraska on his list of schools.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Any word on this guy?

Would take a miracle to get back in it.

Nice read though

McFarland, who also competes in shot-put and discus, is thinking of playing baseball again, but on this particular day, football was his focus. After class, he met the Texas A&M senior fullback Jorvorskie Lane at Lufkin High’s indoor practice center.

During their hourlong workout in temperatures over 90 degrees, both players wore long-sleeve plastic shirts under sweatshirts and perspired in streams.

The two keep in contact through text messages. Lane, a Lufkin High graduate, has not pushed McFarland to attend Texas A&M and has instead encouraged him to make his own decision.

“He’s the real deal,” Lane said of McFarland. “He’s a good student. I’m proud of him. People should be on the watch for him.”

McFarland has unofficially visited Louisiana State, Oklahoma and Texas, but does not have a favorite and has not set a timeline for making his commitment.

“There’s things that I like about each one, but I’m just going to have to see which one is more important to me,” McFarland said.

He said he was unsure if he would take official visits to those universities, but might make such trips to Florida and Southern California to “just fly somewhere.”

McFarland said his family would help him make his college choice. The first day he can sign a national letter of intent is Feb. 4.

McFarland’s mother wants him to attend Texas, but she said she liked Oklahoma Coach Bob Stoops and the Sooners’ defensive line coach, Jackie Shipp. McFarland’s maternal grandmother, Bobbie Jean Adams, believes he should go to Oklahoma.

“It’s not just about football,” Kashemeyia Adams said. “It’s about education and an atmosphere of coaches that will help him take this next step into transitioning into a man.”

McFarland liked Louisiana State’s atmosphere and academics. He was impressed by Oklahoma’s practice intensity and Jerry Schmidt, the Sooners’ director of sports enhancement.

McFarland said he felt at home at Texas and liked the school’s fans.

Found link through Recruiting Planet
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

ESPN:

Uncommitted ESPNU 150 defensive tackle Jamarkus McFarland told affiliate Web site OUInsider.com, "As of right now, I am at Oklahoma and Texas."

He explained, "Well, basically, it is getting to the point where it is becoming so hectic that I am thinking I have got to make a choice. I even talked to (LSU commit) Russell (Shepard) a little bit and he mentioned that some of the other recruits found LSU as a great place, but I told him I had to pick a school that was best for me. I feel that they are stacked at my position to where I won't get some playing time, so I kind of look at these other two (OU, UT) based on that. But if I can't get anything out of it, maybe I will go back to my third choice."