DT Jamarkus McFarland

• 1 month later...

Bet he would have went to Texas if they were playing for the MNC instead of oklahoma.

here's an article about his recruitment.... LINK

i don't think the ncg or ccg had anything to do with it.

Another great article in the annals of recruiting:

He said he saw everything from flat-screen televisions in Texas Coach Mack Brown’s bathrooms to L.S.U.’s recruiting hostesses sitting on the laps of prospects.

But the best summation of his experience might have come from a paper he wrote for his English class comparing Oklahoma and Texas. The paper, “Red River Rivals Recruit,” includes a description of a wild party hosted by Longhorns fans at an upscale hotel in Dallas after the Oklahoma-Texas game on Oct. 11.

“I will never forget the excitement amongst all participants,” McFarland wrote. “Alcohol was all you can drink, money was not an option. Girls were acting wild by taking off their tops, and pulling down their pants. Girls were also romancing each other. Some guys loved every minute of the freakiness some girls demonstrated. I have never attended a party of this magnitude.”

He continued: “The attitude of the people at the party was that everyone should drink or not come to the party. Drugs were prevalent with no price attached.”

He compared that with a house party hosted by a sorority at Oklahoma.

“Drinks were plentiful, but not to the extent they were” at the Dallas party, he wrote. “Some people were tipsy, but in control of themselves.”

He described the atmosphere as pleasant and added: “Some people who attend the University of Oklahoma seem to represent different values than some people who attend the University of Texas.”

In his paper, McFarland also sized up the strength and conditioning programs. At Texas, he noted, groups of players worked out with one coach in the weight room.

“In my opinion, this kind of coaching leaves many players without supervision and the proper training needed to excel in this sport,” he wrote.

At Oklahoma, McFarland wrote, players had serious one-on-one training with a coach. He described the workouts as inspiring and intimidating.

Wow!!! I wanna go to Texas!!!

Can't someone get in trouble for this?

Rivals (free)

Part of the article was based on a paper he wrote which he now admits was "spiced up", but he sticks with the main point that he did attend lavish parties while being recruited by Texas and LSU which would be a violation of rules. He has not heard from the NCAA about anything. His mother claims nothing she said was mis-quoted.

Sounds like a good kid who would've been impressed by Nebraska if we weren't so, well, mediocre.

But here's the thing I do not get about how athletes and their parents view recruiting. Why do they expect the school to baby them, call them all the time, shower them with love, etc, etc? Why do they seem to place so much emphasis on how much attention school are devoting to them personally?

Sounds like a good kid who would've been impressed by Nebraska if we weren't so, well, mediocre.

But here's the thing I do not get about how athletes and their parents view recruiting. Why do they expect the school to baby them, call them all the time, shower them with love, etc, etc? Why do they seem to place so much emphasis on how much attention school are devoting to them personally?

He went a RRS party hosted by UT fans, while he was a sideline guest of OU, the home team. UT can't get in trouble for a recruit going to a party on his own, held by UT fans.