SPORTING NEWS RATING OF NEW COACH HIRES

i quit reading this after i saw him excuse Nuehisel.

doesn't think Pelini knowing the 'Nebraska Way' is a good reason, but wants to look the other way about millions of dollars in legal fees, public embarassment, NCAA sanctions, ruined reputations, et al.??!!??

we shall see, we shall see.

Mel Kiper Jr on 1620 said he thought it was a great hire and was glad to get back to the old Nebraska. He said he has always been a fan of the huskers and wish they would go back to the power football with TO (not sure if he knows Watson stayed and is running a similar offense o'well)

apparently the editior at sporting news does not think to highly of the new coach as nu.. not sure what to think about this article, even if the guy knows what he is talking about...but he seems to thinks so.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=332276

Anyone who thinks Skippy is a good hire doesn't know right from left. The guy has issues wherever he coaches (see Colorado and Washington).

apparently the editior at sporting news does not think to highly of the new coach as nu.. not sure what to think about this article, even if the guy knows what he is talking about...but he seems to thinks so.

Anyone who thinks Skippy is a good hire doesn't know right from left. The guy has issues wherever he coaches (see Colorado and Washington).

:yeah

Few outside of NU seem to think much of the hire. This is not good for recruiting --- it gives ample opportunity for others to say negative things about NU.

To me the problem is more with the assistants --- wow. We'll see how this works out. All we can do now is hope that this coaching staff is a major surprise. Stranger things have happened.

Nebraska: Bo Pelini, C-. The depth of failure in the Bill Callahan era: an abominable showing on the field, fear of change off it. You don't settle for Pelini because he spent one year in Lincoln and knows "the Nebraska way." When Jim Grobe says he wants to hire his own staff, you say "whatever you want" and close the deal.

I felt NU settled as well. With the footbal tradition at NU, I expected T.O. would land a top tier candidate. I figured they couldn't afford Grobe, if this guy is right and it was over staff selection, that would suck.

but opinions vary.

Bo will do ok.

GO BO!!

You never know. He had Callahan as an "A" hire for Nebraska.link

of course, cally was hired on his super bowl win and offensive play calling, but to apply this to the college ranks and develop kids, he was a total failure.

Bo is a guy who i think can develop kids into players. there are as many recycled pro coaching failures as there are success stories. being a HC in the NFL is no guarantee of future success, especially in the college ranks.

of course, cally was hired on his super bowl win and offensive play calling, but to apply this to the college ranks and develop kids, he was a total failure.

Bo is a guy who i think can develop kids into players. there are as many recycled pro coaching failures as there are success stories. being a HC in the NFL is no guarantee of future success, especially in the college ranks.

Super Bowl win?

Super Bowl win?

:rollin

Super Bowl win?

Thats the second time I've seen someone mention that and one of them was a writer talking about showing his Super bowl ring to recruits. Did Peterson go back and change Callahans NFL record and make him a SB ring to make him look better? <_<

When Jim Grobe says he wants to hire his own staff, you say "whatever you want" and close the deal.

Can anybody on this board tell me what he's talking about here? I've been in Cali until a week ago, so I'm a bit removed, but I've tried to follow this as much as I can and it seems to me like this dude is just making $h!+ up. Is he really saying that TO offered the job to Grobe, and when Grobe said "I'll take it, but these dudes have to be my assistants" TO said, "Sorry." That seems pretty stupid to me...