Huskers vs. Jayhawks

Damnit, I hate how noone on this board is in to the Husker basketball team. You guys don't seem to realize that this club is on the rise and we'll be a force in the Big 12 in the next 2 or 3 years, but in the meantime, we're still a team that has potential to knock off a top rated team night in and night out, like...

..Kansas!

And in case you've been under a rock, Kansas is coming to town this Saturday, should be a great game, regardless of the final score and will show a lot as to how our tema is progressing.

Anybody going to this game? I know that the Huskers have the cards stacked against them and they are a long shot to win it, but crazier things have happened.

Go Huskers!!

I agree we're improving and will do well in the Big XII this year, but lets be realistic Kansas is a damn good basketball team that we will be lucky to stay within 20 points of.

I think they showed how much better they were than us last year when the game was in Lincoln. It's no disrespect to our basketball team, but honestly no one will probably beat Kansas in the regular season...

It would be great to give them a hell of a game, but theres no way I'm expecting an upset...

I absolutely believe that NU CAN upset KU, but unfortunatley I highly doubt it...... We are a much better team with Doc, and will continue to grow....I am excited about the future of NU hoops under Sadler....but with that said, typically, a team like Nebraska (growing up and possibly a bubble team at very best) usually get 1-2 big upset wins a year.......... IMO, Oregon was our BIG upset this season.......KU is much better than Oregon..... I think we will win some Big 12 games that maybe we aren't supposed to, but I just don't believe it is this Saturday...........

Nevertheless.........I friggin hope things are crazy and all of the NU fans show this team that we support them, and believe in the path they are taking......Go Huskers and Doc..

I think the non conference games have not been as challenging, although the Oregon win was impressive.

I also think Baylor is in the same boat. Both teams on the rise. Who is a contender, or pretender? Should have a better idea half way through the Big XII schedule.

BEAT KU!

GBR!

Most talking heads have KU already seeded #1 in the tournament. And, yes, they are really, really good. Every one of their games, home and away, are on tv here in T Town.

I hope the 'skers give them a good game at the Bob. The strength of KU is their guards both on offense and defense. The create numerous steals and other turnovers. Then, their 'alley oops' for slam dunks are impressive too on back side screens.

I've posted previously that I am excited for the direction the MBB program is going under Doc. It's unsettling our RPI is only 144 with quality wins over Oregon and Arizona St.

I'll be watching the game from my den Saturday night.

Good luck and GBR!