SIGNED: DB Alfonzo Dennard

BigWillie

I've seen some knock him for his size, but I really don't see that as a problem... with this new staff

There those guys go again, recruiting 5'9" and 5'10" corners. OMG!!!!!111 :sarcasm

I'll take a Baron Miles type player any day. Haven't seen their video so not comparing them to him but Baron was short to.

I've seen some knock him for his size, but I really don't see that as a problem... with this new staff

There those guys go again, recruiting 5'9" and 5'10" corners. OMG!!!!!111 :sarcasm

I'll take a Baron Miles type player any day. Haven't seen their video so not comparing them to him but Baron was short to.

I know, I'll take a Baron too. Most people on here were on the case of another 5'9" corner because he was too damn short and thought we shouldn't take anymore corners his size. All of a sudden, since Pelini is coach, the fact that a corner will be 7-8 inches shorter than a receiver doesn't matter as much. I think it is humorous.

Two problems I see with this kid, first off the grades and second playing in A in Georgia, how much other talent is he playing, camps and all-stars games are not everything. Other than that he seems to be a great player and hope the best on ACT and the future as a husker

Welcome, Alfonzo! I like this kid's speed. Looks like he has qualified. :thumbs

Here is news from Husker Journal:

JANUARY 31, 2008. PREP STAR

ALFONZO DENNARD, CB, 5-10, 185, 4.4, ROCHELLE (WILCOX COUNTY), GEORGIA

“I committed to Nebraska couple hours ago (5:30 PM Central) to Coach Bo Pelini.” said Alfonzo, “He was excited. Bo told me that they needed corners. He didn’t say I could play early, but I would have to make it happen.”

“I will not make an official visit this week-end, most likely after basketball season is over, maybe mid February. I will sign with Nebraska next Wednesday.”

“I originally committed to North Carolina, but they didn’t think I would make it grade wise. I am qualified now.” he said.

“Nebraska (Marvin Sanders) coaches have been recruiting me for two weeks now.”