THE most overhype players to sign w/NU

I am not sure you can put Evans on this list.........if memory serves me right, Evans was off to a very good career, and his severe abdominal injury basically ended his DI playing time....he was on his way, until the injury......not fair to him to put him on this list..

my vote goes to Harrison Beck.......Way too much hype, for a kid, who still doesn't get playing time at his 2nd major college..........or, when he plays, he kind of sucks......

Evans was out like 8 weeks due to a tailbone injury. How in the heck can you injure your tailbone so bad that you can't play for like 8 weeks? He was a bust, and he gave up on the team.

Two of the players I remember getting the most hype were Thunder Collins and Joe Dailey. Another name to throw out there for hyped busts has got to be Randy Stella. He was an amazing athlete but just didn't have much gray matter between the ears.

Marlon Lucky

:yeah

justify that statement please?

there are SO many more players that ARE flops than lucky.. he was the "#2" running back coming in. Look at the players he had in front of him while he was here. Cory Ross, great college back. Brandon Jackson, now in the NFL, much more balanced than Lucky ever claimed to be, he deserved to be starting. and now it's Lucky's turn. He did fine this past year, you have to take him for what he is and thats much more of a speed/receiving back.. He still has one more year. I see no way that you can justify him as being one of the biggest flops to come in here when you have people like Harrison Beck, who anointed himself as the future... and then turns out to be what he is.....

I am not sure you can put Evans on this list.........if memory serves me right, Evans was off to a very good career, and his severe abdominal injury basically ended his DI playing time....he was on his way, until the injury......not fair to him to put him on this list..

my vote goes to Harrison Beck.......Way too much hype, for a kid, who still doesn't get playing time at his 2nd major college..........or, when he plays, he kind of sucks......

Evans was out like 8 weeks due to a tailbone injury. How in the heck can you injure your tailbone so bad that you can't play for like 8 weeks? He was a bust, and he gave up on the team.

Two of the players I remember getting the most hype were Thunder Collins and Joe Dailey. Another name to throw out there for hyped busts has got to be Randy Stella. He was an amazing athlete but just didn't have much gray matter between the ears.

and in respect to Joe Dailey, you can't consider him over-hyped.. because he was brought in as an option QB and then thrown into a west coast system.. not right.. for what he was recruited for.. he was probably what we thought.. a good option QB with a pretty decent arm for someone that runs the option offense..

Marlon Lucky

there are SO many more players that ARE flops than lucky.. he was the "#2" running back coming in. Look at the players he had in front of him while he was here. Cory Ross, great college back. Brandon Jackson, now in the NFL, much more balanced than Lucky ever claimed to be

Ross is in the NFL, too. Lucky came in with two NFL backs ahead of him and this was the first year he really got a chance to show his stuff . . . and look at the state of the offensive line he had to work with! They were the slowest, most under-conditioned line we've had in my lifetime. And I think given that, Lucky did pretty darn good this year. He's a threat as a receiver any time he goes out into the flat. Now, his running could have been better, but he's hardly a bust.

Marlon Lucky

there are SO many more players that ARE flops than lucky.. he was the "#2" running back coming in. Look at the players he had in front of him while he was here. Cory Ross, great college back. Brandon Jackson, now in the NFL, much more balanced than Lucky ever claimed to be

Ross is in the NFL, too. Lucky came in with two NFL backs ahead of him and this was the first year he really got a chance to show his stuff . . . and look at the state of the offensive line he had to work with! They were the slowest, most under-conditioned line we've had in my lifetime. And I think given that, Lucky did pretty darn good this year. He's a threat as a receiver any time he goes out into the flat. Now, his running could have been better, but he's hardly a bust.

With the right coaching this year, which IMO we have lacked, I think Lucky will have the year everyone has been expecting for 3.

Leodis Flowers

Horne

Kurt Dukes

Ben Ruiz

Brian Knuckles

Kareem Sears

Robin Miller

Mark Leflore

Ira Cooper

Oh man, Brian Knuckles. I completely forgot about him. I remember reading an article comparing him to Rozier. What ever happened with Knuckles?

He got a job with Sonic the Hedge Hog....my kid loves playing his character.

couldn't resist...sorry

Wasn't Evans one of the 1st guys to develop the "sport's hernia" (not medical name)....deep abdominal injury, which caused him to miss a ton of time (almost the season)........then, after he returned, he was injured again, saw that he was never gonna be at the DI level again, so went to a smaller school.....

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think that I may be correct (doesn't happen much :) )

So, again, IMO you can not put Evans into this category.

Would anyone consider Bobby Newcombe as a "minor" bust? He was very highly touted at QB, and then couldn't win the starting job and played a fairly prominant role at WR. I like Bobby, and he was important to our Big 12 Title, but he never panned out as the next Tommie.