THE most overhype players to sign w/NU

I am not sure you can put Evans on this list.........if memory serves me right, Evans was off to a very good career, and his severe abdominal injury basically ended his DI playing time....he was on his way, until the injury......not fair to him to put him on this list..

my vote goes to Harrison Beck.......Way too much hype, for a kid, who still doesn't get playing time at his 2nd major college..........or, when he plays, he kind of sucks......

i didn't think D'Angelo was overhype..thought he was every bit as good as advertise until he had that groin problem...the guy would have been a star

Yeah, he had a good season in 96 for a frosh, but he also quit on the team. He never delivered on his hype. Some hoser said Lucky earlier. Lucky has produced far more than Evans ever did.

Can't believe no one said this one....DeAngelo Evans. He was the #1 running back in the nation when he signed.

oh yah. he was a burn.

last i heard he was trying his hand at being a sports agent. from what i read, he really matured after his final injury.

Can't believe no one said this one....DeAngelo Evans. He was the #1 running back in the nation when he signed.

oh yah. he was a burn.

last i heard he was trying his hand at being a sports agent. from what i read, he really matured after his final injury.

I think Evans still considers himself a Husker and fan of the Big Red. I know that he has appeared as a guest on Big Sports 590 talking about the Huskers. Things just didn't work out for him after so many injuries.

Murtha.....he just has not lived up to the hype after he dropped his commitment from the Gophers.

Thunder Collins was a pretty big disappointment as well.

Murtha was our best lineman after he found a home at RT. He had a fantastic year before he got hurt.

But some guys that come to mind ..

Mark LeFlore

Harrison Beck

Andre Jones

Zack Bowman

That is just in recent memory.

Bowman I should go easy on because of injuries, but the fact is his play didn't justify the rankings.

Murtha.....he just has not lived up to the hype after he dropped his commitment from the Gophers.

Thunder Collins was a pretty big disappointment as well.

Murtha was our best lineman after he found a home at RT. He had a fantastic year before he got hurt.

But some guys that come to mind ..

Mark LeFlore

Harrison Beck

Andre Jones

Zack Bowman

That is just in recent memory.

Bowman I should go easy on because of injuries, but the fact is his play didn't justify the rankings.

I dont recall...did Jones receive hype? The first time I ever remember hearing about him was his guarantee against USC.