DE Tyrone Sellers

From another board - Kansas fans are saying that they stole the best player in Nebraska and they stole him away from us. He is going to be one of the best d-lineman in the big 12 despite his size by the time his senior year roles around. He did not want to go to Nebraska. Nebraska offered him a scholarship and wanted him badly. and he is by far the best recruit for kansas so far.

:laughpound

He's not even the best player in the state.

And before some Jayhawk fan sees this and thinks I am bias, I personally think Vondrae Tostenson (who is not committed to Nebraska) is the best player in this state by a WIDE margin.

Sellers may be the best d-lineman in the state. But heck, he may be the only d-lineman (unless you count Pensick) who will get a D1 offer in this state as well.

Also, we never even came close to offering this kid, even after seeing him at camp. If he thought he even had a hint of an offer, he would not be committed to Kansas right now.

From another board - Kansas fans are saying that they stole the best player in Nebraska and they stole him away from us. He is going to be one of the best d-lineman in the big 12 despite his size by the time his senior year roles around. He did not want to go to Nebraska. Nebraska offered him a scholarship and wanted him badly. and he is by far the best recruit for kansas so far.

And before some Jayhawk fan sees this and thinks I am bias, I personally think Vondrae Tostenson (who is not committed to Nebraska) is the best player in this state by a WIDE margin.

Sellers may be the best d-lineman in the state. But heck, he may be the only d-lineman (unless you count Pensick) who will get a D1 offer in this state as well.

Also, we never even came close to offering this kid, even after seeing him at camp. If he thought he even had a hint of an offer, he would not be committed to Kansas right now.

Ya Tostenson definitely has the biggest upside in the state. Any chance he gets it together enough to get an offer AND qualify?

As far as Sellers goes, coaches got a good look and still didn't bite. We'll just have to see what kind of player he turns out to be.

Ya Tostenson definitely has the biggest upside in the state. Any chance he gets it together enough to get an offer AND qualify?

As far as Sellers goes, coaches got a good look and still didn't bite. We'll just have to see what kind of player he turns out to be.

Would not shock me at all if Vondrae was a sign and place kid.

Kid is turning it around, but he was so dang far behind with his grades that it's gonna be tough for him to make up.

whats a sign and place kid?

Signs his LOI then we put him in a JUCO school. If we decide to recruit the kid again, the school we placed them at will do everything in their power to help push him back our way. It's sort of like 'you scratch my back, we will scratch yours'. You give them talent, they will try to make sure he comes back your way.

Heck, if Vondrae gets his grade close, he could possibly go to prep school. Lots of rumors that we may start going that way so our kids can go up against great talent for a year, get their grades in order, then come out with 4-4 left on their eligibility. It's ALOT better than sending a kid to JUCO, then only having 3-2 or 2-2 left for him to play. Plus, prep schools are great at making kids go back to their original schools as well.

Signs his LOI then we put him in a JUCO school. If we decide to recruit the kid again, the school we placed them at will do everything in their power to help push him back our way. It's sort of like 'you scratch my back, we will scratch yours'. You give them talent, they will try to make sure he comes back your way.

Heck, if Vondrae gets his grade close, he could possibly go to prep school. Lots of rumors that we may start going that way so our kids can go up against great talent for a year, get their grades in order, then come out with 4-4 left on their eligibility. It's ALOT better than sending a kid to JUCO, then only having 3-2 or 2-2 left for him to play. Plus, prep schools are great at making kids go back to their original schools as well.

wouldnt there be a good chance we could lose him to BB if he goes to a prep school

Vondrae is really trying to qualify now? Nice.

Iowa Western did just start a football program. Maybe that would be an option.

The prep-school idea does sound good. If you can get your academics in order in a year while not burning eligibility then sweet. I know a fair amount of b-ballers have done it.

wouldnt there be a good chance we could lose him to BB if he goes to a prep school

No. Vondrae knows his future is in football. 6'4-6'5 wing players in basketball are a dime a dozen, but not so much in football at the WR position.

• 4 weeks later...

How is Vondrae the best in the state when he hasn't even played since his sophmore year and might not play his senior year. Hmmmmmm!!!!! That is a big up swing

I played high school sports in Nebraska and college football at Nebraska also had a productive pro career. But I am sorry to say this is not the Nebraska football team that I have grew up watching and playing for.

To let a D1 product like Sellers get away is terrible, he has so much potiential. He is a legit 6'4 and when it is all said and down he will be about 275, he wheres a size 16 shoe. Very smart, strong, and a solid player. So Kansas is very lucky to get him.

His reason for choosen Kansas they said all the right things. They could mold him into one of the best DE's. Put some size on him with there program and he has a lot of room to grow. Nebraska didn't say anything I guess because of a certain someone coming off a National Championshiop has a big head and told him he was to small. Terrible, that is not the Nebraska I know.

Sorry to say expect a losing season once again. I am praying for a different outcome. Because out here in Pac 10 country I am tired of everyone asking what happen to Nebraska.

No. Vondrae knows his future is in football. 6'4-6'5 wing players in basketball are a dime a dozen, but not so much in football at the WR position.

How is Vondrae the best in the state when he hasn't even played since his sophmore year and might not play his senior year. Hmmmmmm!!!!! That is a big up swing

I played high school sports in Nebraska and college football at Nebraska also had a productive pro career. But I am sorry to say this is not the Nebraska football team that I have grew up watching and playing for.

To let a D1 product like Sellers get away is terrible, he has so much potiential. He is a legit 6'4 and when it is all said and down he will be about 275, he wheres a size 16 shoe. Very smart, strong, and a solid player. So Kansas is very lucky to get him.

His reason for choosen Kansas they said all the right things. They could mold him into one of the best DE's. Put some size on him with there program and he has a lot of room to grow. Nebraska didn't say anything I guess because of a certain someone coming off a National Championshiop has a big head and told him he was to small. Terrible, that is not the Nebraska I know.

Sorry to say expect a losing season once again. I am praying for a different outcome. Because out here in Pac 10 country I am tired of everyone asking what happen to Nebraska.

So you're mad cause the coaches knew he didn't fit their system and still didn't go out and get him? Would have been a waste of a scholly IMO. You try to keep the better kids in state, but not every Nebraska kid that doesn't get offered wants to walk-on when they can go somewhere else for free. It's reality. And to say our coach has a big head because he didn't offer, what are you an OU fan?

Do you know how to read or do you just talk before reading. Sellers would have fit in nicely in the Huskers system. Do you know anything about Huskers football, Oh yeah you proably where a Calahan Fan.

So you're mad cause the coaches knew he didn't fit their system and still didn't go out and get him? Would have been a waste of a scholly IMO. You try to keep the better kids in state, but not every Nebraska kid that doesn't get offered wants to walk-on when they can go somewhere else for free. It's reality. And to say our coach has a big head because he didn't offer, what are you an OU fan?