DE Tyrone Sellers

Player: Tyrone Sellers

Hometown: McCook, NE (McCook High School)

Position: DE

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 215 lbs.

40 time: 4.57

Bench max: 305 pounds

Squat max: 450 pounds

Vertical: 33 inches

Shuttle: 4.42

stats via Rivals

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered:

Schools of Interest: Nebraska, Ohio State, Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Colorado State, Wyoming

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Bid Red Report:

Assessing the talent:

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 10%. Not sure where he has offers from yet, but should be one of the best of the in-state recruits that we see this year.

TYRONE-SELLERS-200-3-11-18-.JPG

• 2 months later...

From Husker Journal:

APRIL 28, 2008. PREP STAR

TYRONE SELLERS, 6-3, 220, 4.57, TE/DE, MC COOK, NEB

“I went to the Nebraska spring game and was on the sidelines near Coach John Papuchis.” said Sellers, “He would talk to me now and then. Coach Papuchis told me (after the game) they wanted me in camp before they make an offer. It sounded to me that they (Nebraska) would offer me at camp.”

“I probably will not commit to them (Nebraska) on the spot. I’m wide open right now. I want to give everyone an equal chance and would like to take a few official visits.”

“I went to Kansas summer camp last year and really liked it.” he said, “They taught me some techniques at camp, some are like what we do here.”

“I like the coaching staff at Kansas, it’s a great staff, they are a team on a rise. I’ll probably make it to Kansas and check it out the end of May.”

“Kansas has great facilities. They built buildings just for football a new weight room.”

“I know some players who play at Kansas State, so if I go there they can show me around.” said Sellers, “Last year I saw Kansas State play San Jose State and went to their camp.”

“Iowa just offered me.” He said, “Iowa coaches said they will be here (Mc Cook) in two weeks. I don’t know much about them. I’m going to try to make a game at Iowa.”

“Iowa coaches said they want me as a stand up and play the weak side. They want an outside rush.”

Tyrone added that Kansas State is recruiting Tyrone as a Tight End, Nebraska and Kansas as a defensive end. Wyoming and Iowa as a outside linebacker.

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

I'd be REALLY surprised if his height or weight was legit.

Just based off of his video at the Army AA Combine, he looked like a midget going up against those lineman.

Quick guy off the edge, but he gets engulfed by the larger blockers. Probably would be a better OLB (if he can up his overall speed) on the next level.

I'd be REALLY surprised if his height or weight was legit.

Just based off of his video at the Army AA Combine, he looked like a midget going up against those lineman.

Quick guy off the edge, but he gets engulfed by the larger blockers. Probably would be a better OLB (if he can up his overall speed) on the next level.

That seems to be the question about him, can he put on quality size to be a DE or is he fast enough to be a LB?

From another board - Kansas fans are saying that they stole the best player in Nebraska and they stole him away from us. He is going to be one of the best d-lineman in the big 12 despite his size by the time his senior year roles around. He did not want to go to Nebraska. Nebraska offered him a scholarship and wanted him badly. and he is by far the best recruit for kansas so far.

From another board - Kansas fans are saying that they stole the best player in Nebraska and they stole him away from us. He is going to be one of the best d-lineman in the big 12 despite his size by the time his senior year roles around. He did not want to go to Nebraska. Nebraska offered him a scholarship and wanted him badly. and he is by far the best recruit for kansas so far.

Talk about putting the cart before the horse. A lot can happen between now and his senior year. I guess after Kansas fans have had their fifteen minutes in the spotlight they're a little jumpy about everything.