SIGNED: ATH Rex Burkhead

Question for anyone:

Did he ever play quarterback?

The reason I ask is because the same idiot that wrote this article was on Usportsmanlike Conduct a few weeks ago, talking about how he was a high school quaterback that they were projecting as a safety. I understand why some people are projecting where he may end up, but I hate how national recruting "experts," tend to talk out of their ass.

Question for anyone:

Did he ever play quarterback?

The reason I ask is because the same idiot that wrote this article was on Usportsmanlike Conduct a few weeks ago, talking about how he was a high school quaterback that they were projecting as a safety. I understand why some people are projecting where he may end up, but I hate how national recruting "experts," tend to talk out of their ass.

Yes he did play QB. But im not sure what year. It might of been his sophomore year because im pretty sure he has played RB the last 2 years.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Husker fans! I am now committed to you and your school for at least the next 4 years due to the fact that Bo has successfully recruited my favorite highschool football player of all time. I've watched Rex play since he was in little league and he still holds most of the RB records in Plano for Pee Wee. I'm so priviledged to have watched him throughout his highschool career. Some of you may not know it, but the highschools in Plano, Tx are divided with 9th & 10th being junior high and 11th & 12th being senior high. It is rare to have freshmen starting varsity football in Plano but Rex found his way onto the varsity football and basketball teams as a freshman. At 5' 10" his fresman year he was dunking the ball. This is the finest of the finest young men you will ever meet. I'm not speaking atheletics right now, I'm speaking of the man. This kid is very special and it's hard to find them like this anymore. Your school will truly be a better place with him there. I have a special needs nephew who has been a trainer on the Plano team for two years and has a formed a close bond with Rex and some of the other players on the team. I'm not talking about the bond of saying hello and being nice, I'm talking about going out of your way on a Saturday night to attend his birthday party and other events. When writing about Rex, it is hard to keep it short & sweet and with being a forum I am going to stop. This is a little insight into the man, the stats and videos on is atheletic ability give you the rest.

post-6325-1232476984.jpg

Hello Husker fans! I am now committed to you and your school for at least the next 4 years due to the fact that Bo has successfully recruited my favorite highschool football player of all time. I've watched Rex play since he was in little league and he still holds most of the RB records in Plano for Pee Wee. I'm so priviledged to have watched him throughout his highschool career. Some of you may not know it, but the highschools in Plano, Tx are divided with 9th & 10th being junior high and 11th & 12th being senior high. It is rare to have freshmen starting varsity football in Plano but Rex found his way onto the varsity football and basketball teams as a freshman. At 5' 10" his fresman year he was dunking the ball. This is the finest of the finest young men you will ever meet. I'm not speaking atheletics right now, I'm speaking of the man. This kid is very special and it's hard to find them like this anymore. Your school will truly be a better place with him there. I have a special needs nephew who has been a trainer on the Plano team for two years and has a formed a close bond with Rex and some of the other players on the team. I'm not talking about the bond of saying hello and being nice, I'm talking about going out of your way on a Saturday night to attend his birthday party and other events. When writing about Rex, it is hard to keep it short & sweet and with being a forum I am going to stop. This is a little insight into the man, the stats and videos on is atheletic ability give you the rest.

Thanx CH...good to hear!! Hope that his character and apparent leadership qualities shine during his time as a Husker. I'm very excited to see what he can do on the field and confident that he will not disappoint in that aspect!!

sounds like a great kid. glad he's a husker.

Its great to hear what he is like off the field. All we really get to see is a players stats and highlight video and maybe some test scores. It is great to have someone that is close to any of these kids say what a great person they are off the field. This is the exact person that I want representing the University of Nebraska.

That's great to read. Welcome to the family. I think I've heard about your nephew before and it really shows the kind of guy Rex is. Hopefully continue to be outstanding on the football field. I have no doubt he'll continue to be outstanding off.