Glenn stands out at linebacker

Who was the LB that was being raved about last season?

Seems like he was a Redshirt Fr. Walkon from a small school in Central NE..I want to say Wood River or someplace near Grand Island.

So much of playing LB is instinct and quick reflexes...And as much film that is being studied, You hopefully get to know your opponents offense pretty well (Especially their tendencies).

I'm therefore plenty ready to proclaim Mr. Glenn All Big-12 right now!!!!

GBR

Seems like he was a Redshirt Fr. Walkon from a small school in Central NE..I want to say Wood River or someplace near Grand Island.

So much of playing LB is instinct and quick reflexes...And as much film that is being studied, You hopefully get to know your opponents offense pretty well (Especially their tendencies).

GBR

Kyle Moore or Thomas Grove?

If someone is talking about "one great play" on the radio, I'm sure it wasn't just a play where he ran up and kissed Castille and then Castille smiled and layed down. I've been to many practices in my lifetime, and when I see a great play it is always someone who does it on the field as well. You hardly ever see average players making great plays. Whether Glenn knows where the RBs are gonna be or not, he still has to get by blockers, make it to the open lane, and make the tackle... which just happened to be Castille, our bruiser back. I'm confident that Glenn going against Lucky, Castille, and Helu will prepare him for any back we'll face this year.

GBR

http://nebraska.rivals.com/viewprospect.as...162&sport=1

Blake Lawrence ?

GBR

http://nebraska.rivals.com/viewprospect.as...162&sport=1

Blake Lawrence ?

Lawrence is neither a walk on nor from Nebraska.

As Willie noted, our front seven has been a sore spot during the Calli era. It could be a couple years until we see that area turned around unless Pelini can work some wonders with the current players.

Well stated.

A poster on the other board has attended several practices and apparently has had interchange with others who have watched practices he did not attend --- he states that the secondary looks solid, the DL looks much improved over last year (but still shaky, though moving in the right direction), and that the linebackers, in general, look abysmal. So, it may be that Glenn is doing well against a less than stellar backdrop. I hope that that assessment is wrong.

Back to the sentiment that we should not expect miracles --- that is clear. Expect hustle and heart and then hope that that is enough to keep us in games.

As Willie noted, our front seven has been a sore spot during the Calli era. It could be a couple years until we see that area turned around unless Pelini can work some wonders with the current players.

Well stated.

A poster on the other board has attended several practices and apparently has had interchange with others who have watched practices he did not attend --- he states that the secondary looks solid, the DL looks much improved over last year (but still shaky, though moving in the right direction), and that the linebackers, in general, look abysmal. So, it may be that Glenn is doing well against a less than stellar backdrop. I hope that that assessment is wrong.

Back to the sentiment that we should not expect miracles --- that is clear. Expect hustle and heart and then hope that that is enough to keep us in games.

We are lucky to have Sanders back with the db's. Sorry to hear that about the lb's, wish we'd gotten Jimmy Williams back as-well. But Williams would still have an uphill battle getting a bunch of kids, only one of which has really played and none of which had been coached well, up to snuff. These kids have a new system to learn and a lot of fundamentals to be drilled into them. It will take time, but it will happen.

I really hope that's not the case. LBs are important in any defense. Bo's D is no different. If they are "abysmal," then our defense is in for another long year.

-IF- our LB Corp is really that horrible and our D line is "shaky" as this report indicates, let's hope our offense can run the ball and control the clock!!

I really hope that's not the case. LBs are important in any defense. Bo's D is no different. If they are "abysmal," then our defense is in for another long year.

-IF- our LB Corp is really that horrible and our D line is "shaky" as this report indicates, let's hope our offense can run the ball and control the clock!!

Agreed. Then again it is early. Perhaps with the summers conditioning, the fall practices, and the experience and confidence that comes with a well coached defense staff will enable shaky to become good and abysmal may become... well decent? There is still hope of a decent crew --- but those thinking a top 20 defense next year (an 80+ team jump) in total defense are likely over-optimistic. Top 40 would be aswesome improvement. Top 50ish is even quite an improvement.

Cody Glenn’s position switch is permanent.

“I’m 100 percent sure,” Glenn said, “I won’t be a running back again here.”

In fact, all signs indicate Glenn, a senior, is Nebraska’s starting WILL linebacker.

rest here http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2008/0...27017929528.txt

Go get 'em Cody! :)

I love how he was unselfish enough to go where the team really needed him. I hope he does well in this position and gets a chance to play in the NFL.