Is Ganz a crybaby..or what?

To be a Bigtime QB, you have to be a little cocky and full of yourself.

Bull.

you cant tell me that it doesnt help, i wouldnt want a qb that is always doubting himself.

honestly though i dont think he was crying about anything or being cocky and i have read these same articles. he was telling how he felt, etc. how would any of you feel if everyone outside of the team thought that keller was the man, having never seen him play AT nebraska. i mean give the guy a break, i would have been more than a little p-d off.

You don't have to be cocky and full of yourself to have confidence. There IS a middle ground.

i said long time ago, cally and keller's old man made a deal for the kid to start and play. ganz is the man, he will prove it this year, he only had 3 games and was bound to throw some pics.....he is the man this year and probably was last year too. cally sucked, as we all now know.

lol..

i said long time ago, cally and keller's old man made a deal for the kid to start and play. ganz is the man, he will prove it this year, he only had 3 games and was bound to throw some pics.....he is the man this year and probably was last year too. cally sucked, as we all now know.

Ganz hasnt proven that he is better than Keller!! To say that Kellers dad and Cally made a deal for Sam to start is just dumb. What would Callahan gain from that?

Ganz has to get better or he will be riding the bench again.

Ganz hasnt proven that he is better than Keller!! To say that Kellers dad and Cally made a deal for Sam to start is just dumb. What would Callahan gain from that?

Ganz has to get better or he will be riding the bench again.

You do not have to be cocky to have confidence. I would argue that cocky players fail more than they succeed. Cockiness is a character flaw. There is a fine line between cockiness and confidence. I think that Ganz has shown so far that he can be a good player. I also think that he gravitates more towards cocky than confident. JMHO

To be honest Keller was a joke and he proved it. Ganz played for only three games and did better than Keller did in his first three games of the year. To me that's a slap in Callahan's face saying that Ganz should've been the starter and for not believing in his players thus why we had a sh*tty year.

Ganz proved that he could do a lot with the football and very few people had faith in him. I was one of those people who wanted Keller to start way before the 07' season ever started. But once Keller was choking and threw interception after interception, I wanted Ganz to take over. Even though that we lost the Colorado game, I thought that Ganz had showed us his mobility where Keller lacked and his throwing ability. Ganz is one hell of a QB.

After Keller threw interception after interception? He had 10 INT's on the year. Ganz threw 7 picks, including 2 or 3 that should've been, in fewer than half the pass attemts Keller had. Keller also had a 63% completiong percentage to Ganz's 58%. Ganz threw a ton of TDs, but most of them (7) came in the Kansas State game where BC just kept piling on and were TDs that a healthy Keller would have easily thrown also.

I don't dislike Ganz; and I don't worship Keller, either. On balance, I think Keller was the better QB; but Ganz did an excellent job after taking over for him.

Even if you believe Ganz is a little better, it's close. I just don't see any evidence to conclude "Keller was a joke and he proved it," while "Ganz is one hell of a QB." It's a heck of a lot closer than that.

Ganz's INT's came in games where NU was behind bigtime and everyone knew that he was going to throw the ball.

nobody gave him respect last year, and quite a few of you are still giving him no respect.

sure he has only had 3 starts, and 2 of the three were not very good teams, but he still had 3 pretty good games. to bad the defense wasnt very good though

Being cocky has nothing to do with being a good QB!!!! I want someone who can lead the team...whether he is running his mouth or just doing what he is suppose to do. Whether or not he thinks BC screwed him over, it shows little class to bash your "old" coach like that. He is lucky to be wearing the Husker jersey (or any jersey for that matter), so just shut your mouth and do your thing on the field.

Nice to read the comments..agreeable or not...on my original posting. I do think Ganz is an alright QB. But he needs to do what many of you have said and just concentrate on getting better instead of commenting on "slights" that he perceives from fans and previous coaches. We all want the same thing..the best player to play PERIOD. If it is Ganz...great. If it is someone else..great. I don't second guess coaches pulling the trigger on who starts. They have more riding on their decisions than we do after all.

To those of you who think Callahan started Keller last year because of his friendship with his father, I disagree. I honestly believe that Callahan thought Keller outplayed Ganz in the practices. For Callahan to risk his coaching career by playing someone who he thought was not the best QB (Keller in this case) would be odd. I remember that Keller played pretty well in the Spring game last year and certainly looked like he was good enough before his injury. As many others have said, Keller was in the same boat that Ganz was in as far as playing from behind in almost every game and having to try to score. It just didn't seem like it earlier in the year because you had higher expectations for the team and defense. Was it either Keller's or Ganz's fault that the Defense was so horrendous that they felt so much pressure to score every time to compensate?

I would say Ganz was just below Keller on the depth chart and something that helped Keller (and is helping Ganz this year) is his EXPERIENCE in playing in D1 games. If not for that, Ganz would have more of a fight on his hands. I still think Zac Lee is a better QB and will probably show it when it is his time to start...whether that be this year or next year. It could be Witt too by then.

I just want Ganz to stop talking about any "slight" he feels and play the best he can. Or actually better than that.

It seems to me the slights he thinks he had against him push him. To some degree there were slights, I'm sure we can dig up plenty of posts on this board prior to last season that had any talk of Ganz being close to Keller in camps as nothing beyond coach speak, and that he was no where near the ability.

As far as the 'tude goes, that tends to be most QBs, and often football players in general. You think Crouch, Frazier or Gill thought there was anyone better than them on the team? No way. QBs in perticular need a little cocky in them to shake off INTs and the like.

Ganz has the experience in games, and will be the starter this year, very rarely will a redshirt take the job of a guy with starts at QB.